Tuesday, 20 September 2011

In my tree

I'm all chilled out from my massage and facial, so not sure how much crafting will get done! However, here is one I made earlier. I started with some watercolour paper and made two backgrounds using a big and juicy an acrylic block and a water spritzer. I stamped the trees first of all on to the darker of the backgrounds but wasn't happy with the effect, you can still see them near the torn edge, instead I stamped and embossed them onto the lighter paper and tore around them. I also used a varnish spray over them. I then took a DL card and stamped a flourish stamp around the edges.
I'd like to enter this into:-
Less is More challenge-anything goes to try to reach 1000 entries. They are are 315 as I blog this.
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - autumn colours.
Simon Says stamp challenge-a song/movie inspired card. In my Tree - Pearl Jam.

14 comments:

Chrissie said...

Hi Linby, this is superb! I love the torn edges, it seems like you used loads of techniques to achieve the finished result.
Thanks so much for the info about that sentiment stamp, actually I did a bit of research myself this morning... I think I got the last one at Handy Hippo!
I really appreciate you looking for me.
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Julie said...

What a lovely card. Love your choice in fall colors. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop’s Challenges
Hugs,
Julie

Debs M said...

great colours, fab stamp! Thanks for joining the ‘Autumn Colours ’ Challenge’ at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. We hope to see you again next week!
Debbie Dt x

Jingle said...

Lovely card!

Mandi said...

Super card Lynn
FAB tearing
Thanks for helping us towards our 1000 target!
Mandi
LIM

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Love these trees and the way you've layered them, brill effect, Gay xxx

Lisa Jane said...

love those little torn tiles .
Your pamper morning sounds wonderful
Lisa x

Sally H said...

Another real beauty! You have been busy. Good to see you are making the most of not being at work! You will have to let me know what flavour cake you fancy and I will bake before our trip to Batley!

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Linby ,, very arty and stylish ! I love this :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Some fabulous techniques here Linby - the torn edges around the tree images are really effective - so much more interesting than straight edges.
Your pamper session sounds wonderful BTW!
Hugs, Sylvia xx

Monica said...

Adorable... this is so me. Love this card and it's fall colours. The handtorn look is always after my heart.
xxx Monica

Joy said...

Super sweet card, really love the CAS style... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Ann said...

Love it! I'm really into threes at the moment ;o) You could put this design in a frame and it would look great Lynn!

Karen said...

Really lovely, thanks for joining us at DDSC.
xx