Sunday, 11 September 2011

LIM week 32 - one layer + seeing double

Edited to add the hearts now coloured in - Mandi's suggestion. Didn't do it originally 'cause I was trying to be really less is more LOL! I think it probably does look better - what do you think? I coloured them with a watercolour pencil first to stop the promarker bleeding through to the back of the card - a tip from Ann of Love Making Things.

It was a challenge this week - I don't have the luxury this week of leaving the challenge until later so I was determined to come up with an idea as I haven't missed a week yet. I found it hard to think of any of my stamps being doubled-I tend to go for threes. Then I spied this claddagh stamp, I'm not sure it has ever made its way onto a card before. I do like claddagh as you can see from this piece below that I x-stitched a few years ago.
So teamed with some appropriate SU stamps I thought it turned out ok!
So this is my entry into the Less is More challenge. I am on a course next week for the last part of my LEAN accreditation and the last exam - hoorah! So sorry ladies I won't be able to comment after today, but thanks for looking.

21 comments:

Mandi said...

Hi Lynn
That's a wonderful cross stitch you created. The sentiments work perfectly with the stamp Claddagh I think I'd have been tempted to add a little colour to the hearts, just a bit of red, to give it a bit of depth. Just my opinion, of course, no offence.
Thank you, and good luck for next week
Mandi
"Less is More"

Lisa Jane said...

oh it looks fab as a stamp.. i love the card with the fancy text .. looks wonderful.
Have a great week on your course
Lisa x

bea said...

What a pretty cad - love the sentiments

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun,that sentiment is amazing gorgeous card hun love it hugs cherylxxxx

Loli said...

Hola Lynn, i love this card beacuse a love too the romantic history about the claddagh ring, fantastic concept.fantastic x-titched piece too.
Good luck with your last exam :D.
a hug from Palma

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This card is beautifully done and I love the sentiments. The stamp is perfect for this card. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Mandi said...

Oh bless you for trying it Lynn, I do prefer it
It give more depth to the design!

Thank you for trying my suggestion and takign it in the spirit it was meant.

mandi

Chrissie said...

It's funny Linby, I was looking at the two cards and before I read the post I thought that the red one was better... now I read that it was Mandi's suggestion... she knows a thing or three that girl doesn't she!
Great take on the needlework, which looks amazing by the way!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Monica said...

That cross stitch is wonderful and that card has a lovely sentiment. Looks better after colouring it in.

xxx Monica

Carol said...

Wonderful card design and yes I prefer the coloured in version too. Carol x

Rosemary said...

the first version is very pretty, but i think adding the color to the hearts really put the emphasis on the lovely claddagh image!

Ang C said...

Beautiful cards and lovely needlework too

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done. You can view my card here .
Maureen..........x

Beryl K said...

Lovely card Linby, I think the edited one is the better one, love your cross stitch too,still pick mine up occasionally
Beryl x

Suze Bain said...

Both cards are lovely but the coloured hearts do have a bit more impact. Great cross stitch too. xx

Pauline said...

I love this claddagh stamp, it's so unusual, I love the claddagh too, I have a ring with this design from my Irish Auntie, my family are from Dublin. Love the sentiments interspersed between the images, a fab card.

Anonymous said...

I think both your cards are lovely, hugs meadie x x

MaryT said...

Lynn you have really been busy with your cards. I finally updated my blog after about 3 months....

Mary Louise

Aileen said...

Hi, I think the hearts coloured in makes the whole design pop. Clever way to use the sentiments too. x

Jules said...

Great card Linby

Love your sentiment stamps very much .. .. and the image goes alongside beautifully.

Love Jules xx

massofhair said...

Wonderful sentiments so flowing and full of movement. Unusual stamp but i think it is a truly unique and wonderful card:-)