Sunday, 18 September 2011

LIM Week 33 - 1000 Challenge - Anything CAS Goes

The challenge over on Less is More this week is "anything goes". Does that make it any easier? NO - now I have too much choice and no direction LOL! I'm hoping to try and CASE some of the previous cards this week as I have some time off work and maybe help Chrissie and Mandi hit that 1000 entry challenge. But for now I have taken a technique from the new Sue Wilson DVD which is faux cloisonn√© . I've stamped the image directly onto the card and embossed with gold powder, then coloured it in with perfect pearls and then put glossy accents over the top to give the enamel effect. The sentiment was stamped with perfect medium and then perfect pearls brushed over the top.
I'd also like to enter it into the Papertake weekly challenge - "things with wings".
I passed my last LEAN exam on Friday. The relief was immense especially as 8 out of the 10 attendees failed. Because it is computer based you get the result straight away. I didn't feel like celebrating though with so many others unhappy and facing a resit.

14 comments:

Victoria said...

wow what a fabulous technique Lynn, so unusual. Still gives such a CAS look to the card though. Loving that sentiment too
Hugs
Victoria
x
ps - coffee soon? Not seen you for ages
xx

Chrissie said...

This looks a fabulous technique Linby, I'll have to try that!
Thanks so much for joining us in our attempt at the 1000 submissions!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Cheryl said...

oh this is really beautiful hun,great technique too,hugs cherylxxx

Sandra said...

Great card. Been wanting to try that technique since Sue did it on C & C a couple of years ago but forgot how to do it! Sandra

Jacqueline said...

Very pretty CAS - love the sentiment!

Suze Bain said...

Beautiful dragonfly. A lovely CAS card. xx

Mandi said...

Beautiful Lynn
Huge congrats on your pass
Thank you so much for helping us in our attempt at 1000 entries!
Mandi
"Less is More"

Katina said...

This is beautiful Lin! Lots of gorgeous cards while I've been away - I love the Christmas tree ones. Congrats on your pass!!
xx

Inkyfingers said...

This is so pretty and I must try that interesting technique Lynn. Congratulations on your exam pass too! I know the others must have been disappointed but do take some pleasure in your own well deserved achievement.
Hugs
Carol x

Violets Corner said...

Congratulations on your pass, well done!

The card is beautiful, love the technique you used and the fab sentiment, it works so well with the image.

Hugs
Maarit

Anne said...

Beautiful card and congrats on the pass
Anne
x

Nikbee said...

Congratulations on passing your exam. I love your card. I am not brave enough to stamp directly onto the card base as I forsee disaster!
Nikki x

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Beautiful technique and dragonfly,love this card. Thanks for dropping by, I hope you got over your fright quickly LOL Gay xxx

Angie said...

Beautiful clean and simple card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly
Angie x