Sunday, 25 September 2011

Mad for tags

I haven't entered the Passion for Papertrey challenge for ages, so wanted to have a go with my new PTI anniversary set. I managed to get it from ebay at a "buy now" price, which considering the sets usually go for crazy prices I was amazed to get it for a reasonable amount. The challenge is "mad for tags". I've used the sentiment and leaves and flower heads from the set. I put a little glossy accents onto the the flower heads on the tag just to give it a big of a lift. I embossed the background with a folder and then dusted over with the same inks.
I've been to the Autumn fayre at Bransby Home of Rest for Horses today. Both myself and my neighbour support the cause so we went off for the day. My neighbour loves donkeys but unfortunately for her today they wouldn't let her fuss them, they kept wandering off. The last time we went one ate her dress through the fence and we only just noticed in time to pull it out of it's mouth, and it had managed to get quite a lot of fabric in!
They have some lovely stalls with handmade goods and my neighbour bought the most beautiful cardigan for only £30, it has aran patterns across the back and at that price was a bargain. We both bought one of these.....
It's a little apron for your washing up liquid! Then we both spotted these at only £1 - including the tissues!

9 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh yor card is so pretty. I love how the embossing matches the stamp.
Sounds like you had a fab day - ove that little apron .. so cute
Lisa x

Katina said...

Love your card Linby; so fresh and pretty! Great buys at the fayre! Good job the donkeys stayed away from your friend today, lol! xx

Sally H said...

Beautiful card, Lynn. Sounds like you had a lovely day. That tissue holder looks gorgeous - a real bargain!

Cheryl said...

oh this is one beautiful card hun just love the embossing and love those stamps hugs cherylxxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Love the card indeedy, and the little apron - too cool!

Monica said...

That embossing is to die for and the sunny colours look so happy and cheerful. Love your card.

xxx Monica

Ann said...

A pinny for the washing up bottle! What next.... but its so cute!!! I want a kitchen like that! Full of sunshine - like your card Lynn. It is a great set - especially the sentiments. Such a great font combination.

Anne said...

Love your card. The embossing and colours are lovely.

Inkyfingers said...

Hi Lynn,
I love this bright and cheerful card. The colours are so warm and sunny and you've inspired me me get the set out and have a go. I bet your washing up liquid pinny is going to be a real talking point in your new kitchen!
Hugs
Carol x