Saturday, 10 September 2011

New to me


The challenge on Delicious doodles challenge is "fresh start", use something new to you. Well I have used some watercolour paper to create the main image on this card. I had never brayed onto watercolour paper  before and was interested to see what the result would be. I had bought a pad from a cheap bookshop and didn't realise it was as flimsy as it turned out to be, but nice and lightweight to sit on the card. I am fairly pleased with the background, not too sure about the rest of it! My first attempt at this type of scene without a tutor present though. Something else new for me was drawing around a nestie to create the frame. I then brayed over the card lightly and added some Debbi Moore silhouette stamps in the foreground. I've not put a sentiment on as most of my cards are given to sell for charity and I read that a lot of people would like cards without sentiments.
I'd also like to enter this card into the Stamp Something challenge, which this week is for "anything" as it is there last every challenge. There seems to be a few challenges ending - however new ones are springing up too!

8 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Hadn't thought of using the brayer on watercolour card - just one look at the texture would have put me off. Will follow your lead and be brave next time the brayer sees the light!

Monica said...

It is so picture perfect. And funny you say that about the sentiment. People who buy my cards are happy not to have sentiments on them so that the cards are multi-purpose. Love your brayering...

So kind of you to make cards for charity as well.

xxx Monica

ike said...

Cool card - love this effect and the silhouettes finish it off perfectly. You did a FAB job :-)
Thank you for playing at Delicious Doodles Challenges.
Hugz
Ike xx

Lisa Jane said...

love the scene you created .. the background is fab.. you are a dab hand with that brayer now lol
Lisa x

Katina said...

I think it'e gorgeous Linby! I'd love to sit in that house looking out over the fields! xx

Merry said...

So wonderful....I love everything you have done with this card. I can see I will need to venture out and buy a brayer...you are having so much fun.

Jodi said...

This is a very sweet card. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Delicious Doodles. Hope to see more from you soon.
Hugs,
Jodi

first aid equipment and supplies said...

Well, the colours and the image is gorgeous. It is totally eye catching and those bunch of roses and butterflies are makes your card beautiful, in short your card is fabulous.