Thursday, 22 September 2011

Purple - lots of it!

If you visit my blog regularly you will know I have a love of purple and shades thereof. So when I saw the challenge on Cupcake Crafts - The Dark Side I was there, because they want to see purple and black. I've used a digital image from Crafts and Me called Devonne. I've seen her hair coloured in various tones and just wanted to try it myself, bit extreme for the first effort I know! I've even embossed the sentiment with purple embossing powder.
I'd also like to enter the card into these challenges-
Digital Tuesday challenge - people images
Crafty Sentiments designs - Happy Birthday
Cardmadfairy - lots of layers
One Stop Craft -girly
Ooh la la - punches and dies
One stitch at a time - punch it
Now for the new colour of the walls in my bedroom.
Yeah - purple! I had a pale shade of lavender before. It was so pale that when I put this colour over the top it looked white. What I would like to do now is cut some black vinyl peel offs with my silhouette to reflect the black on the blind.

19 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow i love that card! ... and i would so love hair like that! I used to have a purple bedroom when i was younger - i loved it!
I bet the black peel offs will look fab!
Looking forward to meeting you too
Lisa x

Monica said...

Love this card... I like purple too. My phone cover is purple. I love the wall as well.

xxx Monica

Cheryl said...

WOW STUNNING and your colouring is FABULOUS!!!
xx

Frankie said...

This is a really awesome card!!!! I love the purple them (it is my favorite color of all time)!

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
I love the various shades of purple/lilac. The multiple punched borders are fabulous. Fantastic image.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Delphine said...

Gorgeous, Linby! Your image is so beautiful and I love the punched borders! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Cheryl said...

oh just love your card hun those colors are fab and just love that image gorgeous hugs cherylxxx

Merry said...

This is such a stunning card. I so love how you have coloured the image.

sari said...

Such a lovely card with wonderful colour combo! Love that image you have used! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and Sunshine!/Sari

Wendi said...

What a beautiful card and my fav colours too
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the hair its just fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Marjo said...

Lovin the colors..thanks for playing with us at OSAAT

xoxo Marjo

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card
thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments
Love Jan
xx

Jenni said...

Great card Linby, love the striking colour combo - the card and your bedroom! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days, hope you will be back again soon.
Jenni x

sandra's crafty corner said...

lovley card hunni, thanks for playing along at cardmadfairy's digi days and good luck

hugs sandra DT
p.s i have a candy on my blog here

louise said...

Wow fab card,thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week.
Hugs louise xx

Kim. said...

This is a beautiful card, lovely image and the pretty colour. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.
Kim xXx

Teresa said...

jUST BEAUTIFUL AND ONE OF MY FAVOURITE COLOURS TOO! THANK YOU FOR USING ONE OF MY IMAGES.
TERESA x

chilli pip said...

Great colours and your punch medley looks great as well , thanks for joining in at Ooh-la-la this week