Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Steampunk - and look what I got...

First of all hello to my new followers - it still amazes me that anyone would want to follow my blog - so thank you.
I've made this card with some of my new Kanban Steampunk stamps. I paper pieced the main image using Kanban papers and then cut two mats from one of the papers and inked them slightly around the edges. I've actually used the "outy" technique to cut around the image with a die, but I don't think you can tell that from the picture. I've used a "wood effect" embossing folder on the background card and inked with dusters. I'd like to enter this card into Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge which is for a "Man card" this week.
Look what I got......... do you know what they are made from???
silver cutlery! Can you see the curve and engraving from the end of a spoon.  I found the Etsy shophttp://www.etsy.com/shop/ltcreatesjewelry via Pinterest. I am so happy with them they were a really realistic price and so unusual, the bracelet fits me perfectly. She has lots of other designs.

7 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Love your steampunk card Lynn. that image looks fab paper pieced ... and i can see the outy effect!
The jewellery is gorgeous .. we saw a similar thing at the VW festival.. i bet it looks wonderful on
Lisa x

Penni said...

Gorgeous card Lynn - I love this image.

I LOVE your jewellery too - I'm off the check out this ETSY store now. Thanks for the link.

Hugs
Penni
X

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi There Linby, Great Steampunk card, lots of interesting textures here:0) Love the cutlery jewellery too, gorgeous, Gay xxx

Ann said...

Excellent card - what unusual stamps. And that ring and bangle are to die for!!!

Trish said...

Very unusual, I love it!

Monica said...

What shall I comment on first, your lovely card or that jewellery? Both so very striking and impressive. Love the wood grain embossing folder. I tried ordering it over the net but it was sold out. Such a cool image as well.

And I cannot imagine that, that fab jewellery is made out of spoons. How creative is the world getting.

xxx Monica

Juls said...

this is so fantabulous!!! I love the paper piecing!!! I baught these stamps too, I have not had a play yet, I am feeling inspired to get them out and ink them up! Hugs Juls