Monday, 26 September 2011

Winter wonderland

It was my first day back at work today after a week off and the previous week being away on a training course. So, hundreds of emails to catch up on, but then we had an external meeting which meant we were out of the office until lunchtime. Then a colleague suggested we go to the pub for lunch, which was handy as I made my sandwiches this morning and then left them at home -doh! So, all in all not a bad first day.
I've made this card for the CD Sunday Challenge - winter wonderland. I really like this challenge, as it means you focus in on cd crafting. I've printed elements from the MCS Festive Deco Follies and then layered them up. I then added Diamond Sparkles-butterfly tails to the coat trim, and the fairie kisses for the snow falling in the sky, it has a blue tint to it and looks really pretty when it catches the light. I also put a little red MS glitter on her hat and the wreath and made a border with it from double sided tape down the side. Finally I stamped my newest sentiment stamp in rose red in the middle of the background - heart in mouth as I had made up the card by then!!!
Here is another card I made using the same lady but a different background.

21 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

ooh a pub lunch sounds fab!
Love these elegant cards
Lisa x

starcyl said...

Both lovely cards and how different she looks against the very different backgrounds. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Tess said...

Gorgeous card Linby - such an elegant lady. I love that sentiment stamp.Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. x

Crafty Chris said...

wow Lynn these are stunning very stylish.
Chris x

Christine said...

Gorgeous cards Lynn, a very elegant lady. Your glitter adds a perfect touch and I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again this week.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two totally different cards but both are gorgeous.

Sue x

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun,both totally beautiful wonderful image hugs cherylxxxx

Sandy said...

Two lovely cards I really like the first one with the muted background and the vibrancy of the "lady in red" Very pretty,
Sandy

Merry said...

Both of these cards are wonderful. Really love the scenes you have created and that ladies looks so expensive.

Carol said...

What a great colour combo Linby. I love the Deco Follies and I didn't know there are some festive ones.
Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

hazel said...

Two lovely elegant cards, I love the images.
xxx Hazel.

Hazel said...

Lovely cards - though I think she would need wellies on in the first one! Hazel x Guest DT

Angie said...

Those are beautiful cards ....so elegant.

Frankie said...

Wow!!! These cards are so glamarous Linby!!!!!! I love them!!

Jocelyn said...

What a gorgeous card and very elegant.

Margarets designer cards said...

Very elegant and gorgeous card

Aquarius said...

An elegant card with great touches of glitz

Juls said...

so glam!! I love it!!!! Hugs Juls

Juls said...

so glam!! I love it!!!! Hugs Juls

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Elegant and classy card - thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge this week.

Wendy -x-

Purple Crazy said...

Fabulous card so elegant, thanks for sharing with us again at CD Sunday this week, Wendy x