Thursday, 6 October 2011

Autumn - framed

I was tasked with coming up with a prize for a raffle with an autumn theme. I had already made a card similar to this here. I had a comment left that it would look good in a frame and so I put the two ideas together and went to buy a frame. Unfortunately I couldn't find one the right size, so I started again! This time the background is a little bolder due to it not being a CAS entry. I used cut and dry to make the background and then again stamped trees on some paper I coloured and embossed them, then tore around them. Finally I carefully (!) stamped a PTI sentiment onto the mount. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out, and my raffle prize was solved. Next month I need to get something for the raffle being with the letter of my name, so that will be "L". I've thought of Lavender, lace- any other thoughts?
I'd like to enter it into these challenges:-
Moving Along with The Times challenge - autumn leaves
Paperplay challenge - autumnal colours
Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT challenge - no DPs

8 comments:

Sally H said...

It is beautiful! I love the bolder colours - they set off those trees perfectly. I love all of the PTI stamps you have been using - have you found a retailer over here or do you get them from the states?

Katina said...

This is wonderful Linby! xx

Amanda R said...

Love those colors and the embossing is lovely. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great idea, it looks gorgeous!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Monica said...

How cool is that and sure you have been working hard. Great results!

Love how the frame brings it out so well. Such pretty artwork.

xxx Monica

Lisa Jane said...

ooh what gorgeous colours and effects Lynn.. so pretty
Thanks for joining us at LCI and MAWTT this week
Lisa x

MaryT said...

Really pretty Lynn

Pami said...

This is beautiful Linby and what a wonderful idea to put in a frame, such a lovely gift. Thanks for sharing with us at LCI and MAWTT this week, good luck! Pami x