Wednesday, 26 October 2011

Boo 4 you

I don't usually make Halloween cards - yet this is my third this year! This one was created because I wanted to continue to enter the CD Sunday challenge. to meet with challenge rules you have to have an item from a craft cd. So, with no Halloween images as such on cds, I have used the backing paper from MCS kids collectors edition and re-colourised it for Halloween. The mannequin and clothes were a freebie from somewhere last year, but I don't know where. I used my SU tag stamps and punch to create the three tags. I've added a little sparkle to her outfits and also stamped the bottom of the white dress with one of the tag stamps.
I'd like to enter her into:-
The CD Sunday Challenge - halloween
Divas by Design challenge - something spooky
ABC challenge - B for Boo
Simon Says challenge- anything goes
Polka Doodles challenge - Halloween
Allsorts challenge - Halloween
Cupcake Inspirations - photo inspiration

17 comments:

Katina said...

Wow!! This card and the one on your previous post are so striking Lin! Very unusual - briliant!
xx

Sally H said...

Fabulous! I used to spend hours playing with paper dolls as a child - none of them looked like Morticia though!

Fleur said...

A great card. Thank you so much for entering my Halloween challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Pamela said...

A very spooky looking woman! She reminds me of the mother in 'the Adams Family'. Well done on finding a way to use a CD element on your card. Thanks for joining in this week.
Pamela (Guest Designer in October for CD Sunday Blog)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
I love the colours and layout. Like you I'm not into Halloween but I think your images are great for this type of card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Christine said...

Hi Lynn, super card and well done from me too on finding a way to use something from a CD in your design. I am showing my age now as I remember having a book of paper dolls and additional clothes to play with. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Merry said...

This is terrific...I love how you used the paper dolls. Great card.

Monica said...

How clever to use those images. I agree I am not a great one to make Halloween cards but then the kids are celebrating it so maybe next year I will make some.

xxx Monica

Carol said...

Hi Linby. What a great unusual take on Halloween and thank you for continuing to support us at CD Sunday.
If you want Paperdolls they can be found on Joanna Sheen's 'Fashion Boutique' CD - but not funky - more Edwardian.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Vintage Milly said...

What a brilliant card, I love that mannequin, thanks so much for joining in our challenge this week at Polkadoodles, good luck,
Emma.

Julie P said...

Very clever. Thanks so much for joining us at ABC this time
hugs Julie P

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Very striking. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

Wendy -x-

Anita said...

Fabulous Halloween card. Thank you for joining the Divas Challenge.

Tip Top said...

Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

Lana said...

Wow this is super and thanks for joining us at PolkaDoodles xx

Fliss said...

Great card Linby. Thanks for joining in with Polka Doodles Halloween challenge.
Fliss x

Maheen said...

The you have used on this card look very clever.It look very different.
plastic cards
plastic card printing