Friday, 28 October 2011

CAS Christmas

 The challenge on Winter Wonderland this week is CAS - so I have done just that! I bought this stamp as part of a set at Doncaster and saw this technique of stamping in white on mirri card. The lady said I needed a Stazon pad for the effect but that it would not work on very good quality mirri card. Well - it seems to have worked so I guess I have lower grade card LOL! This is the pad and inker you need for the effect, because it is transparent it allows the card colour to show through.
I've embossed some white card and then used a silver ink pad over the design adding some diamond dust (which yet again hasn't shown up in the photo!).
I'd also like to enter the card into:-
Bah!Humbug! challenge- die cuts
Ooh la la  challenge- let it snow
Digi Doddle Shop's Best challenge - anything goes
Crafty Sentiments challenge-no DP
I got another top 3-this time from the Cardmadfairy challenge - you can see all the recent badges I have got at the top of my sidebar - I seem to be on a roll........

17 comments:

Ann said...

That really is a brilliant effect - well done you for executing it so perfectly!

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at the Winter Wonderland this week
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have some candy if you are interested :)

butlersabroad said...

Wow that does look good Lynn, really like it, looks like it's been etched.

Hugs
Brenda Bah Humbug GDT

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. I love the effect.
Nikki x

Merry said...

This looks so fantastic....just like it has been etched. Lovely stamp. Congrats too on your top three spot at Cardmadfairy.

Tammy said...

Very pretty card and interesting technique. Thanks for joining the challenge at Digi Doodle!

Sally H said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! You are putting me to shame, showing your new stash and fab techniques!

Danielle said...

So pretty ... and what a fabulous result with that technique! Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland this week!
Hugs, Danielle

Monica said...

Hi Linby, What a classy card. LOVE it.

xxx Monica

Ann said...

oooooooooooooooooooh couldn't get to Doncaster this time - wish I had as this effect is really gorgeous. Must give it a try.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Sandra said...

Beautiful card, Sandra

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Oh WOW this is just stunning, love the effect!

Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

kbrandy4 said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Linby!! Thank you for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland and good luck!
Hugs
Hazel GDT xx

DesigNeAl said...

Beautiful CAS Xmas card
THanks for sharing your Let it Snow project with us at Ooh La la; we hope to see you again soon x

ahlers5 said...

This is stunning. Thanks so much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Challenge this week.
Diane

Max said...

Fabulous card for our challenge. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

mamapez5 said...

This is a gorgeous card. I must admit I didn't have a lot of success with white stazon, but it is not an effect I want very often, so I haven't really looked for an alternative. You have done really well to stamp on mirri-card without sliding around, and the result is beautiful. Kate x