Monday, 17 October 2011

Christmas critter

Two challenges have led me to create this card, and a good thing too - as it means one more towards the Christmas box. Someone at work was saying today "it will soon be Christmas!" and I thought I'd better get on with some more cards.
I coloured the image with my fleximarkers, which I am slowly getting used to, then added some more colour to the branches with promarkers. I've used glossy accents on his nose, pads and the baubles. I then sprinkled some glitter onto the baubles and onto the branches. It hasn't photographed too well, but I used two MS glitters. I'd chosen the background DP and wondered how to finish it off when I saw the ribbon and bow challenge on Polka Doodles.
So I am entering the card into Passion for Promarkers challenge- Christmas critters and Polka Doodles challenge - ribbon and bows. Well there is a bit of a storm getting up here - hope the roof stays on!

12 comments:

Katina said...

This is lovely Linby! Such a fun image and great layout. Love the punched detail too. x

Crafty Chris said...

Ahhhh this beautiful Lynn such a cutie, put me in mind of our cat last year jumping into the middle of the tree, it went flying.
Chris x

Merry said...

That is such a wonderful image and a terrific card.

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is a gorgeously cute card. I just love that fantastic image.
Hugs,
Fiona x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Linby, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is cute .. i love the red accents .. they rally pop
Lisa x

Cheryl said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS and what a sweet image!!!
xx

Cheryl said...

oh super sweet image to make one really gorgoeus card hun hugs cherylxxxx

Monica said...

Love the gentle tones and the sudden spurt of red. Very striking, Susie, and the border punch looks lovely. You do make the finest cards, don't you???
xxx Monica

Monica said...

Sorry, dear Linby, got the name wrong, as I was on Susie's blog earlier... and your post was the next one. PARDON me! LOl... have to get dinner ready but could not resist blogging hence the mistake.
xxx Monica

MaryT said...

Lynn I totally love this one!! Really cute.
Mary Louise

Andie's Space said...

Hi Linby,
Love your great image & those glossy baubles. It looks fab. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers.
Hugs,
Andie xx