Tuesday, 11 October 2011

I'll toast to that

This is a large card, although the photo doesn't quite show that. I've used a MCS cdrom called Sassy chic for the images and background paper. The paper is actually tiled wine glasses - I thought it looked quiet good! I also changed the colour of her skirt and part of her handbag to tone better. Before her skirt was bright green. I could only change part of the handbag as the handle proved a bit difficult, so instead of being all green it now has some orange on it. The sentiment is left over from a Kanban kit and some flowers and scrolls from my stash.
The card is for the CD Sunday challenge which this week is Wine Buffs.
Had a not so great experience with C&C - really looking forward to a new CD rom popping through the door, despatched last Wed, arrived today.........except they sent a pack of paper!!!!!!!! So, onto the customer services and ok it is freepost to send back but it is the inconvenience and the wait 14-21days to get it put right. I know some ladies are continually having problems with them, so I suppose I should count myself lucky that I have only had a few bad experiences.

11 comments:

Angie Delarie said...

This card is simple adorable...love the background card colour..perfect!!!

Carol said...

Hi Linby - you and me both with C & C. I ordered the new Encyclopaedia and got something else entirely and what a performance to get it altered.
Enough of that - I love your card and it fits our challenge beautifully. Well done on changing the colours to suit.
Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT

Cheryl said...

hi hun yeah I too have had problems with c&c like waitng a month for my stuff to arrive,then when it finally came one of the cd's was missing,but they did send it quickley so suppose that was something,just wish the phone calls were free,costs a fortune if you have to ring them.
Anyway hun the card is gorgoeus just love the image and those beautiufl papers hugs cherylxxxxxx

Pamela said...

I have this CD from MCS and use it quite a lot. You've used it well and made a card that is perfect for this week's theme. Well done on winning the draw last week.
Pamela (Guest Designer in October for CD Sunday Blog)

Lisa Jane said...

ooh love the parisienne feel to you card - wish i was there lol
Sorry to hear about your troubles with C&C .. i have never had any trouble so should count myself lucky
Lisa x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
I love the French feel to this card. Gorgeous paper and colours and a fabulous image.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Monica said...

How sweet, with Eiffel Tower in the background... love the flowers on the right. Very lovely card, Linby. Sorry that I have not been visiting. Am travelling,

Monica

Christine said...

Hi Lynn,congratulations on being our winner in last weeks challenge. This is a fab card and your backing papers go so well with your design. Very 'chic' and well done on changing colours to suit.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card for our challenge this week. Love the backing paper as well as the main image.

Jocelyn
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, love the image you used.
Margaret

Purple Crazy said...

Great card Lynn, lovely light colours, I don't use C & C anymore, too many messed up orders and their overseas postage rate is way to expensive, always go direct these days, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday xx