Saturday, 22 October 2011

Penny Black and autumn

I've finally managed to get a card together for the Penny Black at Allsorts challenge - and they have extended the closing date to 31 Oct - so that helped. Also from next month you don't have to use a PB image to enter.
I stamped my PB image with a Spice Big and Juicy pad and then used my flexmarkers to colour in - no idea what I am doing with them LOL! I've used some SU cardstock and some brown card from my stash. I copied an idea I saw Sue Wilson do on C&C this week, which is to link the Spellbinder corners to the edge of a nestie shape. Mine are blending a little too much with the background to see, so better luck I hope with this technique next time. I've added some leaves and a pin from my stash, punched a few butterflies and added some SU ribbon and sentiment. I used MS punches for the corners and borders. I'd also like to enter the card into C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - autumn and I love Promarkers Challenge "ain't it cute".

14 comments:

Shirley said...

A gorgeous autumnal card Linby. I do like the look of the spellbinder corners linked to the nestie shape, very pretty. The leaves and the stick pin finish it off beautifully.
Good luck in the prize draw and we hope to see you again next month.

Shirley

Betty said...

Gorgeous Autumn card.
Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T Challenge this week with this wonderful creation.
Betty x x

GDT for Ocrober at C.R.A.F.T

Katina said...

Absolutely gorgeous autumn card Linby! I love the image and all your fab layers. The leaf and other embellishments are just perfect too.
xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a beautiful Autumnal card Linby, and the die-cutting is fabulous. Love the cute little hedgie and the gorgeous embellishments.
Sylvia xxx

Clare *Littlebear* said...

This is a beautiful autumnal card Linby. I love how you have coloured this hedgie image - he looks fab!
Thank you for entering our photo inspiration challenge at Penny Black at Allsorts this month.
Clare x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Penny Black @ allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lisa Jane said...

This is so cute ... love the colours and the pretty punched border
Lisa x

Sally H said...

that is gorgeous, Lynn! I love it x

MaryT said...

Lynn this is sooooooooo cute!
Mary Louise

Ellie said...

What a cute card. Beautiful colors!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Penny Black at all sorts, and good luck!

brenda said...

Morning Linby

Running late as usual here, but what a super creation waiting when I arrive. Super rich Autumnal colours, I think I could work with this season all year round.

Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black and more this month and good luck.

B x

Cheryl said...

GORGEOUS,I just love Autumn and such a cute image too!!!
xx

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Lovely card!
Thank you for sharing with us at Penny Black at Allsorts;-))m

snailzpace said...

i love the look of the nestie corners and the sweet hedgie image, which i don't think i've seen before. thank you for playing along with the penny black at allsorts october challenge.
linda