Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Christmas labels



Me and my neighbour have been to a Christmas gift party tonight and I bought five jars of home made chutney-and did a lot of tasting in the process! One which I bought for the OH is Beetroot, cabbage and horseradish relish - I know he is going to love it, I didn't hate it but it's not to my taste as I don't like beetroot or horseradish!
Anyway, I have found time to get crafty and make this Christmas card. All the paper and card I have used is SU. I cut with nestie labels number 2 and used the Waltzingmouse stamp that fits the label, I then used the SU Dasher stamp and embossed with sparkly Gold embossing powder. The sentiment is from a Creative Expressions Christmas set of stamps. All mounted on a "postage" card from Cardcraft plus. I've left decoration as such to a minimum as I think this will be a male Christmas card.
I'd like to enter the card into Waltzingmouse challenge- sketch and Papertake Weekly Challenge-Christmas crackers.

7 comments:

Kelly S. said...

What a pretty sparkling reindeer! The papers are so cheery for Christmas. Sounds like you had such a fun night...and I think I would love that chutney, horseradish in anything is delicious to me! :)

Stephanie said...

Yum - I love chutneys! This card is stunning, I love the traditional colours :) xxx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh that relish sounds yummy .. i love beetroot and horseradish!
Fab card - love the little reindeer
Lisa x

Monica said...

Hi Linby, something so very nice about this card. The nesties look so nice. And the gold embossing looks so glam.

Happy chutney eating,

Monica

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great colours and nice label layering! Thanks for playing along with the Mischief Makers this week!

JJ Bolton {Ribbon Girls} said...

Such a cheery holiday card! And now you got me googling chutneys, lol!

Sharon Caudle said...

Fantastic Christmas card! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at Papertake Weekly, and we hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon