Sunday, 6 November 2011

LIM week 40 - red and orange

I've used a stamp from a set I only got this week for my entry at Less is More who want to see orange and red this week.  The stamp is from Sparkle n Sprinkle, my first order from them as they had another stamp I have wanted for ages - that is yet to make an appearance! Also in my package was a couple of small stamps and some glitters which I didn't know where in there until I was tidying up and thought, why is this envelope rattling.
Anyway, I have stamped the image in SU Rose red then used an orange promarker to colour some of the white areas, used a red promarker for the lips, the sentiment also came as part of the set.
I' also like to enter it into the Crafty Catz Weekly challenge- anything goes.
Another busy week for me going to Glasgow and Croydon with work so may not get to do much commenting.
Please see my post below, I'm now a DT member for the newly launched challenge "Penny Black and More" we would love it if you would join in, there are some fantastic prizes to be won - pity I am on the DT now! You've got all month to enter and the theme is "all creatures great and small".

25 comments:

Kathyk said...

I recognised your fab image as being a Sparkle 'n Sprinkle - have you visited Margaret's store?
SUPER card and a fab image in those colours

Kathyk

Carol said...

Lovely image and it looks great in these colours - very pretty card. Carol x

Chrissie said...

Another fab card Linby and congrats on your new DT role!
This is super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Beryl K said...

Fab card Linby, I love the image it is amazing
Beryl x

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for playing along with CRAFTY CATZ x carol

Sally H said...

What a fabulous stamp! Just beautiful, Lynn x

Jenni's Jems said...

Fabulous stamp and card x

Rosemary said...

what a striking image, lynn! your card is gorgeous!!

Zoechaos said...

What a stunning image magnificent in Red and Orange. Absolutely Gorgeous XOXO Zoe

Aunty Sue said...

Such a lovely card and thanks for joining us at CRAFTY CATZ this week. xxx

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun its one brilliant cas card super stamp too,congratulations on your DT post too,hugs cherylxx

Jane said...

Gorgeous image - very elegant.


You can view my card here

Aileen said...

Brill image and looks great in these colours. x

Monica said...

Such an interesting stamp. You have done a great job with the colours. Red and orange is not always easy. Yours seems effortless.

xxx Monica

Viv's Visuals said...

I LOVE this stamp! Got to have it - so now I need to go buy it.....LOL
Great card. x

Jenny said...

A fabulous card Linby, the stamp is amazing and really suits the two tone colours. Congrats on your DT spot too :)
Jenny x

Suzilou said...

What a stunning stamp and looks fab in the red and orange colour combo :)

Stephanie said...

An absolutely stunning card! & huge congrats on your new DT appointment - you so deserve it! :) xxx

Michelle said...

Linby, I love this card. Great image and great composition. Beautiful!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Lin, beautiful card :-) simple but really lovely. The colours work well together, and I love that stamp. Love the cat card further down too, and the colours on the purple one. Great first card in your new role too. Congratulations on being on the DT, well done!
Anne x

CREATIONS BY MOMMY said...

Great job!!! Colors go together well. I'm your newest follower:)

Curlybear said...

Oh My Word this is one very pretty creation, I just love colour theme, fabulous image too its just perfect for our challenge this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Anything goes Challenge I hope you can join us again next week


Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

Jules said...

Hi Linby

Gorgeous colours and a fabby stamp on this one.

Congratulations on your DT post too!!! Have fun!!

Love Jules xx

Karen said...

that is wonderful, very stylish lol Kx

Vicky Hayes said...

Ooh - I missed this one last week Linby and it's gorgeous! Vx