Monday, 12 December 2011

LIM -Let it snow - one layer card

Here is my entry for Less is more challenge this week - which is "let it snow". I've run a card through a snowflake cuttlebug folder and then with a glue pen added some diamond sparkles in two different colourways.
It was my birthday yesterday and we spent Saturday in London going to Ripleys believe it or not Museum and then afternoon tea. I was panicking at Ripleys because the last part is a mirror maze and I didn't think we were going to find our way out in time to get to afternoon tea, we did but the OH wanted to go back in - not when we only just found our way out! I unfortunately got a bug that is doing the rounds and had to dose myself on Imodium to get there - slept most of yesterday and now today when I was supposed to be baking cakes for work feel horrid with a sore throat - so this is the best I could come up with.
I'd also like to enter it into the Winter Wonderland challenge who also want to see "let it snow" this week.

15 comments:

Monica said...

Happy belated birthday, Linby... Glad that you went to Ripley's. I went to one in the States and LOVED it. Sorry that you caught this bug and now have a sore throat. "Believe it or not" that is NOT a nice thing to have on your birthday. I mean the bug.

Monica xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Many happy returns! Very pretty card. Am so sorry that you're poorly - hope it didn't spoil Saturday...sounds like you were just on the cusp. Feel better soon!

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous and beautiful creation, thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at the Winter Wonderland
Hugs Kate xx

Annie said...

Such a simple design Lynn but what a lovely effect.
Hugs,
A x
ps thanks for your vote x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh i wish i had known it was your Birthday Lynn. hope you had a wonderful day!
LOve this pretty snowflake card
Lisa x

Inkyfingers said...

Happy birthday Lynn but I'm sorry to hear about your nasty bug. Hope it clears up soon. I love this simple snowflake design. I've been trying to make more one layer cards this year to help with the cost of Christmas postage and you have given me some inspiration with this one!
Hugs
Carol x

Chrissie said...

Many happies for yesterday and I hope that you'll be feeling on top form soon.
This is a lovely card Linby!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sally H said...

Fab card, Lynn. Happy Birthday for yesterday and glad to hear you had a lovely trip despite the bug. Hope you feel better soon

Aileen said...

Lovely card with the little bits of colour. Happy belated birthday. x

Rosemary said...

your card is lovely, lynn! happy belated birthday!! i hope that you are feeling better.

Mandi said...

Belated wishes Lynn
Sounds like you had a fun day
Your card is so soft and subtle, perfect for snowflakes

Wish you better

Many thanks
mandi LIM

Suze Bain said...

Belated birthday wishes and hope you're feeling a bit better now. Great embossing, a lovely card. xx

Suzi said...

Love it Linby, so clean and crisp. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week. Good luck in the draw.
Hugs
Suzi x

Twiglet said...

Belated happy Birthday - I do hope you are feeling much better. I love the white card - so simple but classy. Have a good Christmas. x Jo

Lynne said...

Belated happy birthday Lynn and I hope you`re feeling much better. Lovely card, I love embossed cards and that added bit of sparkle is magic.
Lynne xxx