Monday, 2 January 2012

New beginnings

This is a card I have made for someone leaving from work who is to begin a new job. I've been having a play with my silhouette as I really wanted to do some shaped cards and knew it should be possible to cut them out. So this card and the layers and base flowers and leaves were cut with the silhouette, I then added some other flowers from my stash. I gently brushed with an ink duster around the edges of the card with a lavender SU pad.
I'd like to enter this card into the By the Cute and Girly challenge-New beginnings and Crafts and Me Challenge - Anything goes.

Then I couldn't resit having another go at a shaped card with the silhouette.

15 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

wow 2 beautiful cards Lynn looks like your having fun with the silhouette.
Chris x

Glennis said...

They are both lovely - I really like the sentiments too

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is just gorgeous just love this to bits looks like you are having great fun with the silhouette hun hugs cherylxxxxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow i love these shaped cards - you will save a fortune.Beautiful colours and sentiments
Lisa x

Merry said...

Both of these a fantastic shaped cards. Beautifully decorated too. Love both of those sentiments.

Tracy said...

Beautiful sentiments and wonderful shapes, and really pretty colours.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Céline said...

really gorgeous cards
thanks for playing with us at by the cute and girly this week
hugs
céline DT Member

Bhawana said...

both looks beautiful... love the flower

nnalorac said...

Both Gorgeous cards Linby, so elegant and love the sentiments. Thanks for joining in our challenge over on BTC&G. Carolxx

Louise said...

gorgeous shaped cards Lynn. Happy New Year and all the best for 2012 xxx

sa_homespun / Michelle van Wyk said...

Wow, I love these cards.. so nice that they are not normal shaped cards... lovely work.. Hugs, Mich

Ultimate Whirligig said...

I think your shaped cards are fantastic. The colours are so gentle. lovely

Wenche said...

Lovely, elegant card. Thanks for sharing.

Аня said...

Very elegant!

Germes said...

Очень нежные работы получились)