Tuesday, 17 January 2012

New beginnings

I was having a bit of an experiment here with my new "key" mask by using it for embossing and trying to get an aged look by using various ink pads and my ink dusters. I've cut the sentiment from my Graphic 45 Wizard of Oz paper pad. The background paper is from a Kanban pad and I cut one of the keys out and mounted it on the card. All placed onto a Hunkydory postage style card.
I tried  to have a bit of a reorganising of my craft space today as it is getting hard to keep track of what I have. I don't think i am any further forward but it was at least a reminder of some stuff I hadn't seen for a while! also the need to get in the snippet box and make a card, unfortunately despite trying not snippets were used in the making of this card LOL!
I'd like to enter it into
Ooh La La challenge- new beginnings
Divas By Design challenge-new beginnings/thank you
Polka Doodles challenge- vintage/retro
Crafty Your days Away challenge-new beginnings
CES challenge - vintage dahling

19 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow i love that background .. i think you did a fabulous job and i love the colours
Thanks for joining us at Diva's this fortnight
Lisa x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lynn,
This is a beautiful card. I love the colours and the image and the ink dusting is perfect.
Hugs,
Fiona x

brenda said...

Love the effects you have achieved here Lynn, the masking looks good with the postage edged card, sort of all blends perfectly.

B x

Sarah said...

Hi Linby, well you certainly got a brilliant aged effect there - love the colour you've used. Thanks for joining in with us this time at Divas by Design. Sarah

Lillyt said...

A Tim Holtz stamp says " one of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting new discoveries." ^_^
Great card!!!
Livia
xxx

Daniele said...

love the embossed distressed keys and the image is delightful, so glad you joined us at Ooh La La this week
hugs

Аня said...

Fantastic card!

Faith A said...

Love how you have done this Linby, my idea of quite "arty", something I can't do :)

Carrie said...

Hope reorganising went well.. I try but always get distracted lol..

You have done a wonderful job it is so lovely - Thanks so much for getting Vintage with us this week over at CES xxx

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card and love the image. Thanks for joining in with this weeks CES Challenge!
Clairexx

Lesley said...

Great card with a fab image! Thank you for taking part in CYDA's 'New Beginnings' challenge xx

Anne said...

Hi Linby, thanks so much for popping in to share your beautiful creation with us at OLL. Hugs x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Super vintage card! Thank you for joining us at Polka Doodles.
Clare x

KAYC said...

Super looking card...Love the vintage look..
Kerry X.

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Polka Doodles in the vintage/retro challenge. Fab - love your creation! Cheers Claire x

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Beautiful card, thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

Laura said...

Hi Linby, this might sound odd but when I looked at this card I came over in goose pimples looking at the house stamp! It looks so vintage! I love it!
Laura xx

Edel said...

So beautiful card, dear!))) Magical!

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

Wow, this is stunning, very creative, I love the keys, Fab! Hugz Kenzie :-)