Thursday, 19 January 2012

Quilting Queen

I made this card earlier just before I went out to my Rock Choir practice. I decided to get in the snippet box and enter the challenge over on Pixie's blog, my second entry this year - yeah! I've also followed the theme at Crafts and Me challenge which is Pins - not sure if they will accept pictures of them? This card is for a friend of mine who is a very talented quilter, I am the lucky owner of several mini quilts she has made for me over the years.  The pink paper and picture/sentiment were a download from a craft magazine. Everything else is from the snippets, including part of a flower that didn't fit on the last card I made using this paper.
I'd also like to enter it into :-
One stitch at a time challenge-anything
DYSU challenge - patterns
Crafty Sentiments Designs - anything goes

Here is a snippet left over from a snippet and yes it is going back in the box LOL!

16 comments:

Denise and Louise said...

Very pretty card - love all the different patterned layers.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

What a thoughtful idea to make this card for your friend.

WencheP said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Di said...

Totally brilliant! A super card for your friend and the patchwork theme is very clever. Love the way you too keep snippets from snippets :)) What are we like?! Di xx

Faith A said...

A great card and so colourful, love the idea, as for the snippet, yep! something we all do ay?

Cheryl said...

super card hun love the colours great layout too hugs Cherylxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol... i used to save my snippets - but am now ruthless and throw them lol
Fab card
Lisa x

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is really lovely! Thank you for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck witth the challenge. Judy x DT

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Love Jan
xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week
Love Jan
xx

MagsB said...

What a great card for a quilter! I love the patch with the pattern of pins, I'd never have thought pins could look so pretty!!

love Mags B x

Elizabeth said...

What a brilliant snippet card - I'm sure your friend will love it. I keep snippet leftovers if I think it's still a useful size and I have even been known to use negatives like your flowers too. Elizabeth x

KAYC said...

That's amazing as I have just started Quilting myself so your card gives me new ideas...Thanks...Lovely card by the way...
Kerry x

Emy83 said...

i love this color card

Nikki Byrne said...

Lovely card,fab papers. Thank you for sharing it with us at OSAAT and hope to see you again this week. NIKKI DT

Bernie said...

Fantastic card. Love the papers and colors I'm sure she'll love it.
Blessings Bernie