Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Wizard birthday

Sharing here another of my new stash of digis from Bugaboo - this time "Har Repotter - the chosen one". I decided that the background DP was sort of wizardy! and kept it simple and for some reason monochrome. They are also off cuts from my snippets box. I added some glossy accents for his glasses and just a touch of diamond sparkles to the "spell" from the wand, after all it is supposed to be a boy card.
First day back at work today. Struggled through - everyone telling me I looked awful (nice!). Feeling better tonight though, so perhaps I needed to work through it ha ha!
I'd like to enter this card into Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT Challenge - use new stash. Aud's sentiment challenge- any sentiment but you must use scraps.
I'm also going to put it into Pixie's Crafty Snippets challenge which she has taken over from Jules, never got to enter this last year so here's hoping to more success this year.

21 comments:

Sally H said...

That is fab! Didn't spot that one when I was on the bugaboo site. Meg made me buy lots of ninjas!

Rose said...

awesome!!! i am re reading the books now :)

Hussena said...

what a cute Digi and perfect boy card...i love that you have done it in monochrome looks perfect!!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh i love this Lynn and the DP does look wizardy.. like spells lol
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisa x

Milaya said...

Very nice card! i love this picture and your colouring!

Di said...

My fourth attempt to comment - Mr Blogger not happy today! Love this card - and those specs are so shiny - great use of snippets too, thanks so much for joining in this week! Di xx

Ullis said...

Great idea using glossy accents for the glasses! I like that it's monochrome :)
Hugs Ullis

Inkyfingers said...

Happy New Year Lyn - I hope its a good one for you. Love this cute card - so Harry Potter - gret use of the glossy accents!
Hugs
Carol x

Stephanie said...

I love this Lyn, very original & perfect for the boys! All the best for 2010 hun xxx

Jane said...

Cute card, love pic of Angus too! Jane x
http://thecraftbucket.blogspot.com/

Jill said...

Cute card - I love your work - very cute and colourful

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

LOVE this cute creation. Great in monochrome. Happy New Year to you x

Rania K said...

Lovely! Thanks for sharing! I think I try a monochrome card too! I've never tried that kind of cards!

Lisa xx said...

Well I am a massive Harry Potter far, so of course I am going to love this card! thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments - see you again!

frances joy said...

... wow!! i love this card!! soo adorable..:)

Nikki said...

This is just so cute
hugs Nikki C

Noemi said...

Che dire, è veramente bellissima, mi piace molto.

ciao ciao

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made for this challenge. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

fusiafscrapping said...

I'm a huge HP fan and love this card!
That image is avesome and you have designed a card wonderfully around him!

Gemma said...

I love Harry potter! fab creation! Thanks for using your scraps up with us at AUD Sentiments challenge! Gemma :)

Аня said...

So cutie!!!!))