Sunday, 29 January 2012

Workshop makes and my snippet card

I am off the starter blocks really early with this week's snippet card for Pixie's Crafty Workshop. After I had finished off the cards below from the workshop last week with Leonie I had some bits left - so, ideal time to make a snippet card, they didn't even see the snippet box LOL! Also, I have had this tea and teapot stamped coloured and cut out for months, it all just came together, literally as the PTI stamps I used got stuck on a glitter adhesive sheet snippet and so I used that too to cover the tea cup and pot. The flower at the top of the card is made up from the off cuts from the punched border, something I have seen Sue Wilson do and wanted to try, so no waste at all on this card!
I'd also like to enter the card into:-
Simon Says Stamp and Show - inspired by a song title which is Afternoon Tea by The Kinks
CES Challenges - checks.
So, here are my  finished from the workshop. First up a card made by cutting into some 12x12 card.
Next a circular card with nestie elements for the legs and top. The stamps used are from Leonie's website.
Then one of the cards I didn't get finished on the day because it was a bit messy - using mixed media - yeah! Want to try more of this so I bought some of the artists medium we used to create the texture in the top right corner. You will see this is where the snippets have come from.
Then we made this really effective slider card, I want to try and do one of these again.
Lastly we did some triple embossing. I had to assemble the elements at home as we didn't have time to finish, Leonie certainly packs a lot in a day.


28 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Goodness you have been sooo busy .. i love them all the lttle tea pot is cute and i love those bright flowers
Lisa x
ps ..see you soon lol

kayc said...

WOW That owl is so cute. Love them all. Take care. Kathleen x

Glennis said...

What a busy day you have had - love the owl!

Penni said...

Wow lots of lovely creations Lynn - I love the owl.

Hugs
Penni
X

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely selection of cards and great song choice. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Sally H said...

Fab cards, Lynn! You did do loads didn't you. So pleased you had a great day. I think my favourite is the slider card... and the owl... and the teapots - I love them all!

Di said...

Fabulous snippets make - so clever making the flower from leftover border snippets. it's gorgeous. Love the colours too - oh boy, this week is off to a lovely start! Thanks so much for joining in again! Di xx

~amy~ said...

You've been busy...lovin' all your fun cards!

Monica said...

Hi Linby,

Sorry that I have not been visiting... just been kinda tied up.

Your tea cup card is so sweet. How could you not use an image as lovely as that. I love teapots and teacups. And what a swell thing to do - to use up all those scraps. That is very me... and that is why my table resembles a scrap yard because I save all kinds of waste. Lol.
The second and the third card are very impressive as well and so is the one with triple embossing.

Seems like you had lots of fun...

Monica xxx

Bhawana said...

hey sliding card is beautiful. do chk mine too http://ilovecreativity-bhawana.blogspot.com/2011/10/husbands-bday-card.html

Mary said...

Love your cards, you've been one busy gal. I really like the tea cup card. Your paper colors are perfect!

Cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun you have been busy,love them all,hugs cherylxxx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Wow! What a great collection of cards and so lovely to see the different techniques.
Really love how you used little offcuts to make the flower on the first card. I will start to keep all those little bits now.
Caroline xxx

Riti said...

wow !!! super cards there girl !!
You're on a Roll!!
great Job !

tfs
hugs,
Riti

Fėja said...

Lovly cards!!!

Chris said...

Well you've been super busy sweetie and they are all amazing.
hugs
Chris xx

karen said...

Love your cuppa tea card, thanks so much for joining us at CES this week, Karenx

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

so very productive! I just adore the owlcard at the bottom of the post ~ gorgeous!

Jackie said...

All of these cards are lovely!

Neha Jain said...

lovely collection :)

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Great post. Looks like you had lots of fun at the workshop. Great snippets card too. x

Jessica said...

Awesome projects. I love the tearing on the few that show that technique and the artwork is amazing. Happy to be a new follower of your blog after finding you at Flashback Friday.
:O)
Jessica

Krafty Hugzz Kenzi x said...

Great cards hun, i am having trouble joinig your blog, theres no button but i will keep trying cus i love your creations, big hugz Kenzie xoxo

Rosalee said...

I so love these cards especially the Tea Time Card. TFS
Hugs, Rosalee

Jennifer said...

Wow...all fab!! Thanks for playing at CES!! Hope to see you again.xx Jenny xx

Gillian said...

Wow. What a lot of great cards. You have obviously been very busy!

Violets Corner said...

Fab work and very inspirational!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sam said...

This is a bunch of wonderful cards here. Lovely!