Monday, 6 February 2012

A la mode

The challenge on CD Sunday challenge blog this week is "A la mode". I have been meaning to enter this challenge for the last few weeks but unfortunately Saturday lunchtime came around and I still hadn't done it, but made I've it this week. After all this is a challenge made for me and for my Ooh la la CD rom Shoes 1. I've added a digi from Create with TLC and coloured it with promarkers to tone with the shoe image. I then used some vellum, I hoard it because I never know what to do with it, but this just hit me as being so right for this card. I punched a border along one edge of the mat and used my new to me "cosmic shimmer" glue to finish the centre of each flower.
I was supposed to be driving to Gloucester today, I took the decision last night not to go and to cancel the meeting, as I was driving three other people - wondering today if it was the right one as the roads don't seem as bad, but I was putting safety first and for those who would be travelling from the south to meet us in Glos tomorrow. So, an evening of craft for me - hurrah (that wasn't the reason I cancelled - honestly!)

15 comments:

Faith A said...

GORGEOUS card, so very pretty, love that shoe.

Lynne said...

Oh wow Lynn, this is gorgeous.
Lynne xxx

Crafty Chris said...

Beautiful Lynn gorgeous colour.
Chris x

Ann said...

Yoyu are so prolific at the moment Lynn I just can't keep up with you! What a cute image that shoe is - I love violets. I think you did the right thing cancelling your meeting - it would have been horrible stuck in the snow all night! We're lucky here - not a single snowflake!

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card, I love the shoe.
Nikki x

Jocelyn said...

Glad you could join us this week Lynn and with such a lovely card.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

Hi Linby. I think your decision was very sensible. It is so easy to wise after the event. And the chance to do something crafty means your time wasn't wasted - especially as you made such a gorgeous card. I love the background in particular. My sort of papers.
Thank you for joining in with us again at Cd Sunday.
Carol
xx
CD Sunday DT.

Jen said...

Beautiful card, lovely punched mat. Thank you for joining in with Cd Sunday this week.
Jen x

Trish and Treasure said...

Fabulous shoe,dreamy!!!
Hugs Trish

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Hi Lin, am able to leave comments again!
Lovely card, I love the colours :-)
Yes best to be on the safe side after all it could've snowed even more over night
Anne x

Pam Sparks said...

so pretty Linby!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Very pretty!

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

What a lovely color coordination and the image is so pretty Linby.

Margarets designer cards said...

A brilliant card, love this image unfortunately I don't have this cd, I think I must put it on my wish list
Margaret

Purple Crazy said...

Gorgeous card, Love the flower border, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday x