Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Simon says..........

This week Simon Says Stamp and Show torn edges, distress inks, a button and some wings! So here it is!
Now my blogging buddy Cheryl does this kind of thing all the time, and I love it, but I wasn't so sure when I tried it myself. The embossing folder is rather large so it didn't leave me a lot of room to get other details on, I am afraid I don't like using a paper and then hiding most of it LOL! I used TH distress inks on the embossing and some little stamps and some of my new friend the cosmic shimmer glue this time in gold. I then found this brown twill and some cream that I had forgotten all about - shame on me.
I'd like to enter the card into these challenges also:-
CES challenge blog - a sketch or give me wings or both
Charisma Cardz Challenge-vintage
Colour Create Challenge -light and dark browns with white and/or cream
Stampin' for the weekend challenge- embossing



13 comments:

Cheryl said...

Now Hun this is gorgeous Honest yes the embossing,is large but the way you have used,the stamps,around the image really adds to it,especially with the ribbon at the top,looks super hun honest,those typewriter images stamps if you look on the CD,they are on there too Hugs Cherylxxxx
Those colour tones,work great too Hun,xxxxx

Candy C said...

Hello. Your piece for Simon Says this week is very nice. I really like your dress form with the wings. You did a very nice job with the torn edges and the distressing. I like the embellishments you added to the card as well. Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Merry said...

That embossed image is so different and nice. I like how you added the little typewriters too.

Mynnette said...

WOW!!! That embossed image is amazing!! LOVE the colors you chose--fabulous! :)

Lisa Jane said...

Its fabulous Lynn.. i love the embossing folder
Lisa x

Cat's sCrap said...

Beautiful card. Wonderful embossing. Intersting layout. Bravo !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Dan said...

That embossed dress form with wings looks great! I'm sure that whoever gets this card will love it! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge Blog this week!

Stampin D Amour said...

Linby - this card is fabulous!! Love it! xo

-pamela :)

Katina said...

So original Lin and just fab!
xx

Nancy Wethington said...

This is so cute! I love your interpretation of this week's theme. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

Donna said...

Wonderful card and such fab added detail! Thanks for playing along with us at CES this week :) Donna ♥ x

Lillyt said...

Beautiful!!!
Livia
xxx

Julie said...

DElightful! Love the image, Thanks for joining in our challenge at Colour Create, Juliexx