Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Handbag snippets

No new pieces of paper have been used in the making of this card, just snippets! I just love the way this card turned out. I CASED the idea from this card I found on Pinterest. I can't track down who originally made it but will credit them if I can.
I don't know how they made their handbags but I took a guess at using circle punches and then I used one of my edge punches to along the base of the bag. I used one of the SU itty bitty punches to make the little clasp for each bag. The large flower is made from a selection of my new spellbinders, just loving these they are so intricate, but you have to be careful when removing them.
So I am off to the playground at Pixie's crafty workshop to enter my card, I hear there may be a flash mob in the playground this week LOL! - see my earlier post!

12 comments:

susiestacey said...

Hi Lynn - two super cards, love them both. I made handbag cards the same shape as these at a friends Stampin Up session and they are the cupcake punch upside down and 2 sizes of circle punches - sounds like the design you may have seen x Susan x

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is so pretty . LOve the little bags and that spellbnder is gorgeous
Lisa x

GrapeVine said...

They are gorgeous, thanks for shasring them. I picked up a great tip for intricate dies at the Farnborough show - wipe a tumble drier sheet over the cutting side of the die before you use it and the card slips straight out. No more gingerly poling at the edges with a needle and hoping you don't tear anything!

Cheryl said...

oh Hun these are just gorgeous love those bags,and that,die just brilliant beautiful layout hugs Cherylxxxx

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Oh this is LOVELY. I'm off to check out the previous post re flash mob . . .

See you on the roundabout later xxx

Di said...

Wow, how clever is this then?! I love it - super idea and such a great result. Laughing about the flash mob - Sandra scurried off PDQ, I wonder what she was expecting? :) Tee, hee!! Looking over my shoulder here for a little gathering! Di xx

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the little handbags.
Nikki x

snailzpace said...

oooh, all those snippets made a beautiful card! love the little handbags and all the pink papers.
linda

Bernie said...

How cute are those handbags!!! Fantastic card! Ilove it more then the origianl and that's saying something since blue is my favorite color.
Hugs

Time-To-Share said...

Another fabulous creation Linby! Love it so much. The bags are so cute! Luv Trish x

Mrs A. said...

A girl can never have too many handbags. These are just the cutest I have ever seen. I'm late in the playground this week. Have I missed anything? hugs mrs a.

Monica said...

So much beauty there. Love those bags and the doily is fab.

Monica xxx