Saturday, 3 March 2012

LIM week 57 - neutrals

The challenge on Less is More this week is colour - neutrals. For some reason I had the desire to use my spellbinders with vellum today, I don't use the vellum I have very much because I am never sure what to do with it. So I took this sheet of printed vellum and stamped a sentiment onto it in expresso ink. Then I decided to cut the same shape from some cream dotty paper and layer the two together. I added a tiny butterfly punched from the vellum.
I also wanted to share this beautiful card that I received yesterday from Sheetal the winner of my blog candy  - thanks so much Sheetal, it is beautiful.

17 comments:

Beryl K said...

Love your LIM card Linby and such a beautiful card that you have received
Beryl x

Chrissie said...

Your LIM card is really pretty Linby, I love those stamps.
Thank you so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Margaret said...

Your card is lovely Linby
Margaret x

butlersabroad said...

Great technique Lynn, I have vellum too that I never use, thanks for the inspiration. Beautiful quilled card you received too, that would've taken some time to make.

Hugs
Brenda

Susan said...

I don't think I've ever thought to use my dies on vellum...what a great idea!! Love the softness of the stamping!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Your layered vellum looks great Linby! I like the way you stamped your sentiment on top of the images. How lovely to receive such a pretty quilled card too! Vicky x

Mieke said...

Both cards are really beautiful!

Mandi said...

The vellum looks delicate and pretty Linby
Super card
Thank you as always
mandi
"Less is More"

Katina said...

Gorgeous card Lin.
x

Loli said...

Hola Lin, thank you for your comment:D
Great idea your vellum die, i love work with vellum, is fantastic for make cards with embossing folders or texture plates the effect is gorgeous.
Your stamps are beautiful!!and the sentiment...GREAT!
Well done Lin.
A hug from Palma

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card, lynn! the stamping on the vellum is so pretty!

Lynne said...

Super card Lynn, really pretty.
Lynne xxx

Sharon said...

I really like your LIM card. Love the use of vellum; so pretty.
Sharon xx

Aileen said...

Lovely LIM card and such a lovely thank you card. x

Jo Street said...

Love your idea with the vellum Linby, gorgeous card.
JO x

Trish and Treasure said...

Very pretty card!
Trish

Jenny said...

Gorgeous stamping on the vellum Linby, love the finished effect :0)
Jenny x