Tuesday, 20 March 2012

LIM week 59-masking

I've only just got around to making my card for this week's challenge on Less is More as I have been away in Devon, only got back yesterday. A friend invited me to go down and stay in a house she has there and we had a lovely time. She showed me the sights and we visited her friends and relations and also went to see Fishermen's Friends from Port Isaac who were playing in Exeter, they were truly wonderful. I am afraid one day I was nodding in the car going back to the house as I was tired, my friend on the other hand mowed the lawn when we returned whilst I napped and she is 14 years older than me! I had a hard time keeping up with her.
Anyway, onto the card. I used Clarity stamps. First I masked the outside of the vase and used a "Charles Rennie Mackintosh" inspired stamp to give the pattern to the vase. Then I masked the vase and put the flowers into the vase. I've also put a shadow around part of the vase with a fleximarker.
I'd also like to enter the card into the challenge at Ooh La La - thank you cards.
I'm sorry if I don't get around to commenting this week, I have a lot on and am meeting myself coming back at the moment! I am going to be involved in something at the weekend which is hopefully going to see me as a part of an entry into the Guinness Book of Records- but I can't reveal more than that at the moment.

15 comments:

Chrissie said...

Comprehensive masking here Linby!
Really super job!
Glad you had a good time in Devon, I should think that seeing the Fishermen's Friends was super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

VICTORIA said...

I love your card great job on it. :)

Di said...

Super LIM card Linby - and great masking. Di xx

brenda said...

Great making Lynn and a really elegant card.

Pleased you enjoyed Devon, wasn't sure if you went as you will realise from my mail.

B x

Cheryl said...

oh this is super masking Hun,just love this classy card,glad you had a good time Hun,hugs Cherylxxx

Lisa Jane said...

This is brilliant - i love the design on the vase .
Glad you had a wonderful break
Lisa x

Wendi said...

What a beautiful card I love the pattern on the vase fab use of masking, good luck with your record aswell
Thank you for sharing with us at ooh la la hope to see you again
Wendi

Nikbee said...

A fantastic card. Great use of masking.
Nikki x

Mandi said...

That vase looks FAB Lyn Terrific card
Devon sounds great, glad you had a good time

Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

kayc said...

Fabulous card. Glad you had a good time in Devon. Take care. Kathleen x

Katina said...

Fab masking Lin! A lovely card.

Sounds like you had a great time in Devon.
xx

Loli said...

Hola My mysterious Guinness Book of Records friend:D:D:D, great days in Devon:D
Fantastic masking work Lynn, very Art Deco vase, beautiful, i love the soft colours.
A hug from Palma to "The mysterious guinnes woman":D:D:D:D

Jenny said...

Fabulous masking Linby....I thought mackintosh as soon as I saw the vase!!
Super CAS card :0)
Jenny x

Paula Gale said...

Devon eh? Sounds fabulous. I'd like a friend who lives in Cornwall, Devon or even abroad. lol... I seriously need to get away.

Love the card and the techniques used, not sure that I've ever done masking but I know i'd like to. I do think that Clarity stamps are a bit expensive though...

I'll look out for you saying what you were doing with regards to the Guiness Book of World Records... I need to use the links in my side bar more - which is something i'm really bad at. I'm going to have a look at some of your other stuff to catch up now.

Would love to see you soon and catch up - but we need quite a lot of hours!!!

Big hugs

Paula x x x x

Daniele said...

what a lovely card, so cleverly done, so glad you joined us at OLL this week
hugs