Monday, 5 March 2012

No winter lasts ...........

I took the inspiration for this card from the theme at Allsorts challenge- spread your wings and the colour combo from Colour Create Challenge Yellow, grey, black and white. I have had this Lavina stamp for a few months now and so pleased I finally felt I had the project I wanted to use her for. The sentiment is one of a set from Gourmet rubber stamps. I used TH mustard seed and Momento London Fog and brayered the background. I then used an ink duster to put some mustard seed on the nestie and brushed the edges with London fog. I then added silver and yellow glitter to the image with some fairy kisses diamond sparkles for good measure!
I'd also like to enter into DYSU challenge - with wings and Flutterby Wednesday challenge, a butterfly, fairy or angel.

13 comments:

Dawn's Craft Place said...

What a fun design-I love the background and the glitter.
Thanks for your visit and checking out my pin cushion sweetie.
Hugs

brenda said...

This one is spot on for me Lynn, I really love Henrietta, in fact I think she is my favourite fairy image yet. And a confession, I had to have the smaller silhouette one as well.

Thanks so much for joining in my Things with Wings theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.


B x

Beverley said...

Hey! You might want to POP on over to Uniko Studio blog! *Wink* Love the colours on your card by the way!

kayc said...

Hi. I really love this card. She is so sweet. Hope you are well. Take care. Kathleen x

Victoria said...

gorgeous card Lynn and sounds like you got into some techniques to make it too. Was lovely to see you at the weekend - you looked absolutely fabulous, hope lunch was fun
Love
Victoria
x

WencheP said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Pauline said...

Just beautiful, a love
Y fairy image, and great inking. Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

A gorgeous card Lin, love it all, and a fab Lavinia stamp :-)
Anne xx

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Beautiful card Lynn. Can you show how you do brayering in some post? I really love these wavy forms that you made. And sentiment is lovely too.

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

great card loving the background you have created!!!

thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Askartelin itte said...

Kaunis kesäinen kortti:)Kaunis väri.

Susie Sugar said...

Stunning my friend like a ray of sunshine such a happy colour
Hope you are keeping well
Hugs Susie xx

Mina said...

wow Lunby this is one stunning card, I love that sentiment it is perfect for the image...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
Mina xxx