Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Colours of your country's flag

I just love all the union jack stuff that is around at the moment. I bought Crafts Beautiful this month and there are some really good quality union jack/jubilee themed papers - which I used some of here and a lovely stamp. The stamp can't feature as this card is for the UnstampaBelles Challenge which means no stamps! The challenge is the colours of your country's flag and as I am in the UK, this is red, white and blue.

I used a new union jack embossing folder and then sanded the paper to reveal some of the core. Then I placed over the top the outline of a Kanban topper (ie what would normally be the waste!), added a sticker to the centre and the rest of the items are cut from the free papers. Some airmail bakers twine completes the card.
I used my ink dusters to put TH ink in sapphire and berry over the white card before mounting the whole thing onto it.

Well I have spent most of today haggling! I've been to trade in my car and am pleased to say at the third garage I got the deal I was looking for, considerably better than the first one I was offered! Tiring though!

11 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

I have toyed with the idea of getting that embossing folder .. and now i think you have twisted my arm - it looks fab
Lisa x

Lynne said...

Great card Lynn, very patriotic. Love what you`ve done with the EF.
Lynne xxx

Merry said...

Fantastic card Lynn, really like how you did the background with the embossing and sanding. What terrific bakers twine too...can't say I have seen mixed colourss before. Thanks for taking the time to create this wonderful card for our challenge over at Unstampabelles. Great news on your car too.

Cathy (aka CrafteeCC) said...

Great card - love all the different elements you have added. Thanks for joining in UnstampaBelles Challenges this month.

Sally H said...

Fabulous card! I too had to have that paper pack from Crafts beautiful, although Meg wants quite a bit of the tea themed ones!
Hope you are happy with your new wheels - you will have to come round and show me them!

HuggiesCrafts said...

Great card, love the background embossing and the way you've coloured it. Great what you can do without a stamp isn't it? Thanks for joining us at Unstampabelles this month, it's great to see your card there.

Cheryl said...

oh this is one,super card Hun love the papers,and love the bakers twine,hugs Cherylxxxxx

Monica said...

Hi Linby,

So good to see you here, the crown on the top and the bus in the middle - so typical of London!!! And the kettle and teacup add the perfect touch to a card from the UK.
Thanks for joining us at Unstampabelles this month,
Monica

Susan Hogan said...

What a great card! Love that there is an embossing folder of the Union Jack! Yes, London is in full celebration mode at the moment and lots of opportunities for patriotic cards and items! Good luck to you all - and thanks for creating this piece for UnstampaBelles!

Barbara said...

What a patriotic card - so much more than just the use of the colors!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Perfect card and thanks for sharing with us. Thanks for taking part in Unstampabelles Challenge this month and best of luck. Best wishes, Kym, Guest Designer for Unstampabelles for April 2012 xxx