Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Hello - snippets

I am late into the playground with this one, I don't suppose there will be any room left on the swings, although Mrs A did save me a cupcake last week which was very nice of her. If you wonder what I am going on about then pop over to Di's blog Pixie's Crafty workshop where each week we aim to make a card using our snippets. I have had this piece of teal SU card for sometime, it had an oval cut from one end, so I put it through my silhouette and cut out the word "hello". then using another black snippet I cut out the ladies from a free file I got from silhouette. It looks like they are both cut out from the teal in the picture, but the ladies are on 3d foam. I tried to take another photo but it made no difference! So, as well as using the two snippets I managed to do two new techniques on the silhouette.
I'd like to enter the card into the challenge on Divas by Design - anything goes.


12 comments:

brenda said...

That's extremely elegant Lynn, so striking. I have that image and only used it a couple of time, but this gives me the urge to hunt it down.

B x

Lozzapops said...

Simple but elegant! Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design. Good luck! Laura x

Carol said...

Very elegant snippets Linby, love the silhouette. You can share my swing if you like, I got here early this week lol Carol x

Di said...

A really elegant and very striking card! I love the vivid blue (teal) with the black! Plenty of time in the playground to play - it's usually quite steady during the week - the real rush is on Sundays, and then often on Saturdays as I frantically try to write the roll call up :) Di xx

Sam said...

Lovely colour combination on a very sophisticated card there. Liking it alot!

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Hi Linby . . . very elegant card.

You need ice skates in the Snippet Playground this week. Mrs A is leading us out on the frozen pond. YIKES! xxx

Mrs A. said...

All sounds very complicated. Think I will stick to my Big Shot. This card is soooooooo elegant. Mind you don't get sticky fingers on it in the playground. Hugs Mrs A.

Bernie said...

WOW this is a stunning card! The teal and black together are lovely. SO elegant! I'm with Mrs. A sounds complicated, I'll stick with my Cuttlebug.
Hugs

Amanda said...

Simply stunning and very elegant card. Hugs, Amanda x

MaggieC said...

I love the way yo have used your Silhouette, a wonderful machine. Mine is coming out tomorrow to but shapes larger that my little Nestie set can do. Have you tried drawing with it yet? I love silhouettes (not just the machne), they give such a simple but striking image. Have fun on the slide and swings. xx Maggie

Lisa Jane said...

Brilliant silhouette
what a wonderful card - Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week for our first Birthday celebrations
Lisa x

Monica said...

So elegant and simple...

Monica xxx