Saturday, 21 April 2012

Leaving us

I had a bit of a shock this morning when I tried to open my blog and it said it didn't exist! I had to get myself verified to get it back because "there had been unusual activity on the blog" - what is that all about - anyone know?
Anyway, this card is for a lady who is leaving our office next Friday. I started with the colours on the Cupcake inspiration challenge and went from there, a sort of spring feel to it I hope. I've used PTI papers and cut out the word leaving with my silhouette, then used the positive on the inside of the card. Layered up the papers in stripes and added a few pearls and a piece of ribbon, Some of the layers are cut with a border punch.
I'd like to enter this card into these challenges:-
Aud Sentiments - any sentiment with spring/summer colours
Crafty Catz- stripes or checks you choose
DYSU - stripes
Cupcake Inspirations - see picture

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Hun I tried to leave you a comment,and it said you had no blog,so no idea what happened hun anyway glad you are back this is one gorgeous card Hun,that really is one beautiful layout hugs Cherylxxxxxxxxx

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card, love the layered strips of patterned papers.

Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

Diamond Doll said...

Fab card.Thankyou for joining us this week at CRAFTY CATZ.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Karen said...

Yummy, gorgeous card, love the colours and the lay out hugs Karen x

deesdesigns said...

What a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration and joining us for our "Spring/Summer Color Challenge" at Aud Sentiments!

Faith A said...

She'll be thrilled with this card, what a lovely reminder of you all, love the idea of cutting the word out and sticking it in the insede

Ren-Yi said...

love how you cut those letters out! Beautiful cuts! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.

Mary Jo said...

Beautiful! Very cool technique! Thanks for joining us at DYSU.