Monday, 23 April 2012

Lots of layers and it started with a postcard

First of all my card with lots of layers - well it is by my standards LOL! I do feel a bit aggrieved that I cut all those lovely strips of text paper carefully arranged them and then more or less covered them up! The silhouette is a freebie and reminded me a certain stamp that is around at the moment,  I went a bit mad and cut into a Websters pages paper pad.
I'd like to enter this card into Delicious Doodles Challenge - loads of layers.

Well it started with a postcard from Julia Dunnit of the WOYWW fame - this one in fact
bearing in mind this was before the current Jubilee fashion. I kept it propped up on my desk, in fact Julia saw it there one week on WOYWW and commented she had some like it !!!! I then decided to frame it and when I first saw some "flag" themed china appear I bought some, first at Tesco with the mug on the tree but then they changed the design and I got the tins, tray, mug and not shown glass board (too dirty!) and it grew into this...
 I also made this card a couple of years ago and decided to frame it for the kitchen
I just hope next year when all the bunting comes down I am not left feeling I should have curbed my enthusiasm!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh Hun what a brilliant post just love the card you have made love all the layers and love all your,tea pots and things hugs Cherylxxxx

Crafty Chris said...

lovely silhouette scene, I was tempted by these but lucky hubby was with me and it was a no no.
Chris x

brenda said...

All those layers look very effective Lynn, almost like little flags - following your theme perhaps.

B x

Inkyfingers said...

Love all the layers on this card Lyn and I am still smiling at the sight of all your lovely flag items. It makes me want to go out for afternoon tea! Thanks for the info about Hayley's blog - I had not heard of it before and there is some good stuff on it.

Faith A said...

What a lovely image, love how you have made it vintage by adding the newspapers.

As for the Union flag china, I don't think you'll be sorry, you'll still be patriotic and happy I'm sure :)

Katina said...

A gorgeous post Lin! Love your card and the silhouette does, indeed, look like a stamp that's out now. Where did you find it? The layers look fab.

Love all your Union Jack bits and bobs too!
xx