Thursday, 10 May 2012

Baking mad

I've had a bit of a day of it today. I realised this morning that my boiler wasn't switching off, thankfully BG came out this afternoon and fitted a new timer unit and all is well again! I had to go out this morning and was worried they would arrive before I got back, as it was they did ring early, but I was home.
I had a request for a card for a lady who is 65, likes baking and the colours, yellow, green and beige. I've been pondering over it for a few days and then today my copy of Cardmaking & Papercraft came with free papers and this is what I did with a couple of them. I asked if she wanted 65 on the card and she said yes, but I thought it would look better if it was in words, so I cut it out from white card using my silhouette and then used ink dusters over it.
I'd like to enter it into these challenges:-
Simon Says - sweet tooth
Cute Card Thursday - food or drink
Digidoodle shop - bingo grid -a bit of sparkle (on the cakes), something new (papers) pearls(on the cakes)


10 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

gorgeous Lynn so fresh looking Im sure she will luv it.
Chris x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fabulous .. i love the image and the paper pieced apron
Lisa x

Cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous Hun just adore,the image and love that paper pieced,apron,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Sally H said...

How wonderful! I love it. It definitely fits the bill for your customer. Perfect!

Merry said...

Great work, and I like that you have put the age in letters.

Shirley said...

Lovely card and the colours work really well.

Berit Synnøve said...

Bingo ! Great card. Love your colors and papers.
Thanks for joining Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week.
Hugs Berit

WeirdCat said...

Great card, love that image, I have some papers that would fit perfectly,thank you for joining us at The Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
Ruth x

Tammy said...

Super fun and great card for a cook! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge!

Julie said...

So cute! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie