Wednesday, 2 May 2012

Call your Mother

I just bought this digi from the "Call your Mother" release over at Day for Daisies.I love these retro images and all the telephones and typewriters that are around at the moment. I cut her out using my silhouette and coloured her with promarkers. By chance the luggage tags fell out when I was looking for the die cuts and I thought, that might work! I have had those tags about 15 years, bought a hug stack of them and have about 10 or so left still. The Day for Daisies challenge is "Crazy for Calico" or you can use another small patter, so I punched from My Minds Eye "Quite Contrary" papers all the flowers/butterflies, then added a few gems and some cosmic shimmer dots. the sentiment is from PTI - I know those girls on the switch were sometimes portrayed as "chatting" and doing their nails especially in films, but I suspect IRL it was very different.
I remember when I started work in the early 1980s you had to ask the switchboard to dial get a number for you, we had no external phone lines!

8 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

THis is a wonderful shape and image
Lisa x

Nikbee said...

A lovely card. The image is fab and I love the pretty punched flowers.
Nikki x

Katina said...

Fantastic Lin! Love, love, love that image!!
xx

Faith A said...

Ah! memories!!!!!!, great card, like the shape too

Shirley said...

Lovely card - the image is brilliant

Cheryl said...

this is one,beautiful card,Hun love that shape,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Mim said...

You cut her out using a Silhouette? Wow, I had no idea there was something that would do that for you (i know, i've been told before that I have the tendency to hide my head in the sand!). Love the pink and green combo!

Broni said...

This sweet image looks really great on the tag! Thanks so much for joining us in the A Day For Daisies blog challenge!