Sunday, 6 May 2012

LIM week 66 - yellow

My second post of today, please scroll down for my Penny Black & More @ Allsorts DT post.

YELLOW - not one of my fav colours, so took some thought when I saw that was the challenge on Less Is More this week. The very vintage wheel from SU is always on my desk, so I thought I would start with that, then I stamped and cut out a SU Butterfly from the Hope set. I've also used holographic powder on the butterfly and some of the background by using a versamark pen. Sentiment from PTI.
I'd also like to enter this card into the Anything Goes challenge - things with wings.

At least the weather has held out today and I managed to get in the garden and do some work, quite a lot needed doing as so many weeks it has rained and I couldn't get out. Filling the garden waste wheelie bin reminded me I bought this to sit on my desk
It's a little miniature wheelie bin for the tiny bits of waste when I am crafting.

19 comments:

Crafty Chris said...

This is beautiful Lynn luv the simplicity of it and the colour, just gorgeous.
Chris x

Crafty Chris said...

I had one of those bins in pink until my daughter seen it.
Chris x

Lynne said...

Fabulous card Lynn, love the butterfly. I love your bin too, I`ll have to keep an eyes open for one of those.
Lynne xxx

Victoria said...

I'm not a fan of using yellow either but you've done a great job without making the yellow 'in your face'! I love the butterfly against the wheeled background. How big is the desk top wheelie? I love it - can you get them in pink?
Love
Victoria
x

Chrissie said...

This is awesome Linby...I think it's a really fabulous card... perfect CAS style!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sally H said...

Fabulous card, Lynn. I love the butterfly and the subtle shades on that background. That desk top wheelie is such fun. I would have to clear a space for it to fit though!!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is soo pretty , a really beautiful card
Lisa x

Paula Gale said...

Love this card Lynn

The colour is not so bad either - I always think that yellow is fresh and a nice change on a card.

Paula x x x

Loli said...

Hola Lynn...!!!!my singer friend i have the same wheelie but in dark blue !!!!!:D:D:D:D, the world is very small my friend:D.
Fantastic card Lynn, the background stamp is gorgeous and the butterfly a perfect touch, well done Lynn!
A hug from the sunny island :D. Summertiiiiiimme la la la lala la

Rosemary said...

what a beautiful card, lynn!!

Marrigje said...

Beautiful card. The butterfly is a great addition to the wheel image.

Marrigje

Steph said...

What a beautiful, elegant, simple card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Viv's Visuals said...

Stunning card.

Karen said...

Beautiful card Lynne - simple but elegant.

Susan said...

Haven't seen that wheel before, but it sure makes a great background for the pretty yellow butterfly! Gorgeous card!

Bumblebee said...

Love this card, that SU vintage wheel is amazing...may have to find me one of those!!I'm also not a yellow fan, but this is lovely.

Joanie said...

Gorgeously simple card, love the butterfly.

Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Mandi said...

Stunning card Lynn
FAB bin too lol
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Caggy said...

A beautful, delicate card - I love butterflies! Caggy x