Sunday, 20 May 2012

LIM Week 68 - Baby or Child

I was so thrilled to be picked as the LIM April winner. Chrissie and Mandi and the Limettes have really helped me to improve my card making, thanks for all the inspiration.
So, the challenge on Less is More this week is a theme and it is Baby or Child. I have had two sets of Jayne Nestorenko stamp sets sitting un-inked for far too long. This seemed like the perfect challenge to use at least part of one of the sets. I stamped the girl and then masked her to stamp the balloon behind her. Then stamped the teddy hanging from her hand. I coloured with watercolour pencils and a fleximarker for the skintones because I didn't have a pencil that was suitable. I used a SU punch for the heart and then stamped the balloon image behind the top card so that part of the image was visible. I added a tiny amount of diamond sparkles to the cut out heart and on the "movement" marks of the balloon.
I'm sorry I didn't get around to visiting many people last week but we went away to the Cotswolds for a few days. Thanks for all the lovely comments on my LIM win.
I'd also like to enter the card into these challenges:-
Simon Says - CAS
Crafty Catz-Girlie time
Oldie But a Goodie-things with wings
Crafty Cardmakers -with a balloon

26 comments:

Mieke said...

Beautiful card!

Loli said...

YOU ARE THE CHAAAAAMPION, YOU ARE THE CHAAAAAMPION la la la lala:D:D:D:D.
Hola Lynn Congratulations!!!for your prize.
So sweet and tender card, the face of this little girl is so sweet, gorgeous card.
A hug from the sunny island

Lisa Jane said...

oh its so sweet .. i love the softness of it and the little cut out heart
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this week
Lisa x

Lynne said...

Great card Lynn. That stamp is so cute.
Lynne xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Great win Lynn, and here's another lovely card. Such a sweet image, love that you've been faithful to LIM theory, it makes for a great card.

Gibmiss said...

Hi linby
Fabby card...... Really nice.....
Hugs Sylvie xxxxx

Sally H said...

Congratulations on your win, my friend. Well deserved. I love this card - such pretty colours and a great image too

Fluffles said...

Love your subtle shading on your beautiful card,thanks for sharing it with us at an OBAG, Jx PS Angus looks like a love too! Jx

lindyloo said...

Thank you for joining us at crafty catz this week with your sweet card
linda x

Chrissie said...

This is a little sweetie Linby!
I'm so pleased you were excited by your win!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Feebsy said...

A lovely card, I really like the delicate colours and the image is really sweet.

Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Merry said...

That is such a sweet image and that heart punch on the corner is perfect.

Nikbee said...

A lovely card and the punched heart is fantastic.
Nikki x

Susan said...

Awww...what a sweet card! LOVE that little heart punched out in the botton...and I love the soft coloring you've done!

Mephisto said...

Sweet image.
Thanks for joining us at SimonSaysChallenge!

Domi

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Many congratulations on winning this months prize and very well deserved:00 Love this little card, it's really sweet and a perfect childs card, hugs Gay xxx

baileyrosy said...

Congratulations on your win Linby well done indeed. Love this pretty card the image is so sweet and perfect for our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers . Thank you for sharing and good luck.

Marie

Faith A said...

Ah! so pretty and very delicate

Mynnette said...

This is so cute! Your image is just darling, and I love the punched little heart in the corner!!! Thanks for joining my balloon challenge at CCM! :)

Rosemary said...

simply adorable, lynn!! and congrats on being the april winner... very well deserved!!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a sweet image you've used for this sweet card Linby! I like the little punched out heart in the corner. I was delighted to see you were the LiM winner for April! Congratulations! Vicky x

Jenny said...

Congrats on being the April winner Linby, I hope you enjoy your prize :0)
Your card is lovely, I love the little girls old fashioned apron over her dress :0)
Jenny x

Papercraft By Carole said...

This is a pretty little image - and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time. Cxx

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Aww it's so pretty Linby! Such a sweet image :) Congrats on your showcase last week too. Sarah x

Deanna said...

This card is precious love the colors!

Mandi said...

Super sweet card Lynn
Like the punched heart
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"