Saturday, 26 May 2012

LIM week 69 - not a square

The challenge on Less is More this week is "not a square" but not a rectangle either! Unfortunately the heat meant it took my brain a little longer to come up with something than usual. In the end I decided to use one of the Fleur de lis dies and make a small card by putting the die almost all the way through, then turning around and cutting from the other side to ensure it still had a join in the middle. Then I used one of the smaller dies for the SU sentiment and label to be stamped on in the centre. I then threaded some ribbon through the top of the card and added a little tiny bit of bling. I also added some London Fog ink with a duster just to highlight the edges of the dies.
I'd also like to entr this card into the bingo grid at Creatalicious challenges this month - not a square, mono and ribbon.
I mentioned in my earlier post that I was going to a Jubilee themed ironing party, we had a right laugh. Here are just a few photos of what went on. Me in my Jubilee attire
Marie who dressed up a bit more!
and Di who held the party courtesy of "Come Round".

23 comments:

Merry said...

Now that certainly a different type of party and love all the costumes. Your card is wonderful, such a beautiful die you have used.

Carole said...

Wonderful card and it sure looks like a great party!

Sally H said...

That looks a very interesting party, lol! Love your card - hoping that I will get the chance to join in later in the week, but up to my neck in marking SATs at the moment. Thanks for all your lovely comments x

Loli said...

My friend i think this is the perfect song for this post:
God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen:
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the Queen
:D:D:D, your friend Marie is absolutely involved in the spirit of the jubilee :D:D:D.
gorgeous and delicate card Linn.
A hug from the other island

Susan said...

I love that die shape and I love the white on white! Very elegant! Ironing party?!?! Never heard of such!

Marijke said...

great shape, beautiful card

GinaA said...

You have mad a stunning card with those dies. Looks like you had a fab party.

Chrissie said...

That's a brilliant technique to make this fancy shaped card Linby!
It looks awesome!
Your ironing party looked great fun!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less Is More"

Lisa Jane said...

what a fabulous card .. i love that die !
You look to have had so much fun..
Lisa x

Inkyfingers said...

I love this intricate shaped card Lyn and inking the edges really makes it pop. You all look to be having fun at the ironing party. I've never heard of one of those and I laughed when I saw your pictures!

Scrapmate said...

Great technique for cutting a card blank. This would make a perfect Christmas card as well.

Rosemary said...

beautiful shaped card, lynn! so very elegant! love the photos of your party... got a nice chuckle!

Lynn said...

A beautiful and delicate card. Having trouble of thinking what to do for this LIM challenge. It looked a fun party - what's ironing???, lol. Lynn x

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card Lynn, love the way you`ve used both dies and layered them.
Now that ironing party has given me an idea, I`ve a massive pile in my basket, I`ll invite everyone around, bring your own iron. Sounds good to me.
Lynne xxx

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Linby, Fab card, gorgeous centre and lovely and simple, love it:0)
Your party looks so much fun, what a great idea LOL Looks like you enjoyed it too, Hugs Gay xx

Mandi said...

Everyone makes so much effort for us...it;s brilliant
Super card, great cutting
Love the pics!

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Daen'Ys said...

A superb and very elegant card!

Daen'Ys

Deanna said...

Love the elegance of your card:)

Viv's Visuals said...

Gorgeous card - shame the same can't be said for the costumes!!!! LOL

Karen said...

really great card - love the photos........you look like you had so much fun!

M said...

Pretty card, love the monochrome :) M x

Cheryl said...

oh super card Hun,love the monochrome but oh the pictures,how much fun,did you girls have,great photos Hun,bless you for playing at Creatalicious this month,hugs Cherylxxxx

Faith A said...

Fabulous card, love the shape