Sunday, 6 May 2012

London celebrations

I'm just loving all the Jubilee stuff you can buy at the moment, I've always loved crowns, patterned union jacks and the iconic Red London Bus, so I am in my element. So when I saw the new PB London stamps I had to have them. This is the first card I have created with them for my DT card over at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts this month where the challenge is London celebrations - so the Jubilee or Olympics.

I used ink dusters to create my background and then water colour pencils to colour the images to give a soft feel to the card. I added glossy accents to the windows as you can see more clearly below.
The challenge at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts runs until 31st May and I do hope you can join us. Remember you don't have to use a PB stamp, but strictly no digis on our challenges please.


I'd like to enter this card into the challenge at Cupcake Craft Challenges - Best of British.

15 comments:

brenda said...

A super card for this months theme Lynn. The glazed windows finish it off beautifully.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend.

B x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fun - i love the softer colouring and the glossy accents on the windows ...
Lisa x

Cheryl said...

oh Hun this is brilliant just love,the glossy accents,you have added Hun its so effective,love it hugs Cheryl xxxxx

Shirley said...

Your card brought a smile to my face Lynn.All those cute little animals running around. Such fun. My grand daughter would love this card.

Shirley

Tracy said...

Fabulous creation Lynn, it's fun and really eye catching.
Have a good Bank Holiday
Happy crafting
Tracy x

susiestacey said...

Hi Lynn, great card and captures the Olympics really well the all thr running around. Love how you have glazed the windows too. Fantastic card x Susan x

snailzpace said...

hi lynn, i love this card full of those cute critters running around and celebrating.
linda

Sally H said...

wonderful card, Lynn! I love your buses and the bunting is so cute!

Victoria said...

fab card Lynne, really made me smile. And wow - belated congratulations on your PB design team spot!
Love
Victoria
x
ps - crafternoon tea deets won't be long!
xx

Victoria said...

fab card Lynne, really made me smile. And wow - belated congratulations on your PB design team spot!
Love
Victoria
x
ps - crafternoon tea deets won't be long!
xx

Leikkaan Mervi said...

Hi Lynn
really gorgeous card, love the windows, lol;-))m

Shelly said...

Such a cute card! Very British... perfect for my challenge at Cupcake! Thanks for joining in, Shelly x

Paula Gale said...

what a great card - and brill stamps - haven't seen those!

Love how you made the windows look glazed.

Paula x x x

Ellie said...

Beautiful card Lynn. Love how you colored the image and fabulous idea to use glassy glaze on the windows. Such a fun card!!

having a {me} day said...

This is fabulous! Love how you have separated the bus. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake. keeley