Monday, 28 May 2012

Snippet butterflies in abundance

I got the inspiration for this card from this one I saw on Pinterest
Unlike the original I used an embossing folder for the diagonal effect, I then mounted onto another piece of card which I embossed with swiss dots. I punched all the butterflies from some PTI snippets of paper and managed to squeeze the two corners from the snippets also. I'll be going over to the playground with this one for Pixies Crafty snippets challenge #22. I wish I could take one of these with me - if only they still made them! Anyone remember them?

Isn't it funny how I remembered the card as being a colour on white when it is the other way around when I came to refer back to the inspiration card.
I'd like to enter this card into Ladybug Crafts Ink TLT challenge - something with wings and Crafty Calender Challenge -things with wings.

11 comments:

Di said...

Brilliant card Lynn - am I allowed to say I prefer it to the original one? LOVE the white. Great job and super use of little snippets too.

Not sure about the chocs - I do vaguely recall them, mind you I drove home at a rate of knots from the supermarket today with a box of Magnums, in case they defrosted before I got home - would have just had to eat them there and then I guess! :)

Di
xx

Shirley said...

A really pretty, summery card Lynn. Can't say I recognise the chocs though.

Claudia said...

Fantastic card. The colour combi is wonderful. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge.

Hugs

Claudia

Lisa Jane said...

ooh i love your take on the card .. the white on white is so pretty as is the embossing
Thanks for joining us at LCI this fortnight

Lisa x

Mrs A. said...

Brilliant card . Looks more striking your way round I think. Have you noticed that those magnums have shrunk in size. A. Bit like the old wagon wheels. Now those were the days. 6d old money well spent. Hugs mrs a.

Julie said...

This is so pretty Linby! Thanks for joining the Ladybugs this time,Happy crafting,Julie.x

Amanda said...

Gorgeous card and a brilliant use of snippets too, I can see lots of motion coloured butterflies in my future. Hugs, Amanda x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

Fantastic use of snippets. xxx

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful card Linby what a fab idea! and I'm sorry to say 'yes' I do remember the milk tray bar!
Thanks for joining the Ladybugs at LCI this week and good luck with the challenge
Laurie x

Faith A said...

Love the butterflies on the joins, so pretty and the borders a lovely card.

As for the choccies, they were my FAVOURITES.

Bernie said...

Absolutly Stunning card, Lynn. I love the color combo and the embossing. I'm crazy for butterflies but even if I weren't it's FABULOUS!
Hugs