Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Beautiful ballerina

I had just printed out this jewellery box digi from Digi my world when I saw that the challenge on CD Sunday this week is Ballerinas! I altered the digi slightly by putting mirri card at the back of the lid to look like a mirror. I printed a background paper and sentiment from MCS cd rom The Finishing Touch and added some Pink Petticoat paper which I punched using the MS Butterfly border. I sprinkled some diamond sparkles over it and added a sheer ribbon and bow. I put some bling on the drawer fronts and around the sentiment. I used to have a very similar box when I was a child, I always wanted to try and take the ballerina out though!

12 comments:

Marina said...

Nice card. The jewellry box is a nice twist on the ballerina challenge.

sue-b said...

what a good idea using the mirri card, it works so well , lovely card for the challenge.
sue-b guest designer CD Sunday

Cazro said...

A very pretty card, everyone loves a musical box with a ballerina. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday. Caz

Shirley said...

Lovely card and the mirror effect is a great idea.

Beryl said...

I remember those ballerina boxes and remember they used to fascinate me. Lovely image and a beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing it with us at the CD Sunday challenge.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday ST

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous, I love that beautiful bow
Lindsay xx

Cheryl said...

oh I had one of these and so did my daughter,oh just beautiful Hun,love that bow hugs Cherylxxxx

Mirri said...

Such an creative way to use Mirri card! Keep up the great work!

Christine said...

A great take on our challenge this week. Love the use of Mirri card for the mirror. Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Love the ballerina in a jewel box, what a great idea.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card and unusual image using the jewel box.
Margaret

Katina said...

So pretty! What a fab image - ever seen one like this before! Lovely and girlie.
xx