Friday, 22 June 2012

Delicious Damask

This is my second post today, please scroll down to see my Cardmadfairy DT card and join our Girly challenge.

I'm really pleased with the way this card turned out, I do love blue and white and have lots of blue and white pottery. The challenge on CD Sunday this week is Delicious Damask, so I printed all these elements from the Debbi Moore CD rom Paper Delights "A Touch of Regency" . I used SU Ballet blue ink with a duster to lightly colour the edges of everything. I put a band of ribbon behind the sentiment too, but it hasn't photographed too well. I used one of my spellbinders to cut a couple of accents to highlight the framed flowers. It is a large card for me at 8x8 but I felt it needed the space to do the elements justice.

I'd also like to enter this card into Paperplay challenge- use a die.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh this is really beautiful Hun just love,that gorgeous paper hugs Cherylxxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

Its so pretty and does remind me of the willow pattern pottery
Lisa x

Merry said...

This is so lovely, such a pretty image and the colour is wonderful.

sue-b said...

A very beautiful card and looking good in an 8x8, that blue is lovely. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b Guest designer

Beryl said...

I like blue and white too - and it also made me think of that lovely pottery you can get. The image is gorgeous and the whole card is beautiful.
Thank you for joining in the CD Sunday Challenge.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

Now this is just so pretty, blue and white works for me and this is such a scrummy shade.

You have put a lot into this card and it shows, thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

This certainly works for me. I love blue and white together, the colours always look so clean. A gorgeous card and the papers are all stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Carol said...

A beautiful card Linby. Everyone else has said it all so as tail end charlie I will just say - I agree.
Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

Your card is gorgeous, I agree the blue and white looks so elegant, a lovely image with the matching bp.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday challenges. Caz

Jocelyn said...

I love the blue and white. It works perfectly and I really like your card.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT