Saturday, 7 July 2012

LIM week 75 - GOLD

The challenge on Less is More this week is GOLD. I've simply cut out a couple of nesties in gold mirri card and one in plain white paper. The edges of the white paper have been dusted with gold glitter and in the centre is an embellishment from A Griffin.
I've now had the viral bug since 21 June and been off work for two weeks. I am bit like a puppy all of a sudden I just fall asleep, wake up, get dizzy and fall asleep again. In between that I have managed to make this card because otherwise I fear for my sanity!
I also got my first Graze box today, it was a bit like being at boarding school and receiving a tuck box, I did love Mallory Towers books. Anyway they have sent me a code for anyone who wants one, to get a free box. This is the code and the website.

free box code:7HHC9Y2C
they enter at:www.graze.com 
I really enjoyed mine, yes I have eaten it already! I've put on a half a stone as I have a normal appetite but doing no exercise apart from the stairs.
I was supposed to be having my shopping delivered by Sainsbury's today but they had a chiller failure and rang about 3 hours before it was due to say that 10 items wouldn't be delivered. I asked could't they get the items from the one that is nearer to me, but apparently not, because all stores have allotted postcodes, so I had to cancel the order as I will only have to get the rest of the shopping in now anyway.
Please leave a comment at least that way I know there is a world out there.........

17 comments:

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Linby(are your name lin or linby?), i'm sorry to read you are ill :C, i think you're with antibiotics, and the antibiotics cause debility :C, i hope you're better this week.
OOOh Linby, beautiful and stunning card remind me the lace technique, great effect and great card, good work Linby!
i'm going to investigate what is a Graze box:D, thank you.
A warm hug from the melted island and take care

Di said...

Aw honey - sorry to hear you're still unwell. I think your little commenter above hit the nail on the head though, it could be the medication that's knocking you out.

So glad to see you stayed awake to make this beauty though - it's lovely.

Take it easy, we miss you in the playground! Hugs, Di xx

Carole said...

Linby, sure hope you are soon feeling better. My "bug" lasted about 10 days. Love the card, you did an awesome job using gold!

Jane Willis said...

A lovely elegant card. Sorry to hear you are still feeling rotten. I've had a chest infection all week that I just can't shake off. I'm sure this cold wet weather means things are dragging on for longer than that should.

Chrissie said...

This is really pretty Lynn... I really hope you'll shake off this nasty bug very soon!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marrigje said...

Your card is great.
I am sorry to hear about your bug. Hope you will be well again soon.

Marrigje

Karen said...

Fabby card Linby - so elegant. Hope you feel better soon....sounds awful.

Karen x

Victoria said...

Hope you feel better soon!
It's a fabulous card. The gold glitter adds a lot to the overall design.
We joined Graze to get the free box and then we cancelled it (we are cheap skates!!)

Mandi said...

That nestie looks super in gold
I do hope you feel better soon
What a nuisance, the shoping disaster!


Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Such an elegant card, Linby! So sorry that you've been ill...I pray that you are soon on the road to recover! Nothing worse to me than being sick! Get well SOON!

Ellie said...

This is stunning!! Love the gold and white combo!

Rosemary said...

what a lovely card, lynn! i'm so sorry that you are still not feeling well! i hope things clear up for you soon. oh that "graze box" looks just yummy... wishing i could get one of those sent to me here in the US!

Suze Bain said...

Oh dear, hope things start to improve for you soon, you must be getting cabin fever too! A Lovely festive card, those are great nesties. xx

Inkyfingers said...

Gosh Lynn, this virus is really hanging on isn't it? Hope you start feeling better soon. Love the card and I'm pleased to see your crafting is keeping you sane. Hope you got the shopping sorted out!

Kathyk said...

Smashing card - here's hoping you will soon be feeling better too

Kathyk

Mary J said...

Wow, that looks stunning!

Hope you recover soon :(

Katina said...

Stunning card Linby!
xx