Monday, 30 July 2012

Poppies

I've only just made it with this card for the challenge over on Brenda's blog (Floral Fantasies) for a Poppy card. I do love Poppies (as my blog shows!). I have a lot of stamps to chose from but I had these Clarity stamps that had not yet seen ink. The poppies are actually made of two separate stamps which I joined together. I first embossed them using pomegranate embossing powder then using the resist technique brayed over them and coloured with promarkers. The sentiment is embossed with my new toy the WOW black glint powder.

6 comments:

brenda said...

Good morning Lynn,

This is just gorgeous, love the way the poppies graduate round corner of the card and the little mouse is so fitting.

Interesting to read your using the wow embossing powder, I've resisted so far but they always look quite appealing when they demoed some I have to give in.

Thank you so much for taking the time to join in my fun challenge, I really do appreciate it. And I do hope you're feeling much better, see you shortly.

B x

Annie said...

You know me and poppies....I just had to call by :-) Love them.
Hugs,
A x

Lisa Jane said...

Oh i just love that corner of poppies and the little mouse definitely adds the finishing touch .. gorgeous
Lisa x

cheryl Baker said...

oh Hun this is just gorgeous oh I love those poppies,and adore the sentiment hugs Cherylxxxxx

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Gorgeous card Lin, lovely stamp; I do love poppies
Anne x

Ann said...

Certainly can't see the join Lynn! I adore poppies too but don't seem to have any stamps in my stash! Need to rectify that! Love that swathe of poppies here.