Tuesday, 7 August 2012

CD Sunday bingo

When a friend told me she was getting a new sewing machine for her birthday I just knew I wanted to do a sewing themed card for her (not that I need an excuse to do them LOL!). I've used the new cd rom from Polka doodles - Studio 12 Picknix - all sewn up. I took the elements into Serif Craft Artist, added shadows and the metal effect to the mannequin. I used a sentiment from the cd rom and put my own greeting on the tag. I then added and coloured a sewing machine digi from Pink Petticoat, a piece of card run through a tape measure embossing folder and inked and some seam binding. I cut some of the digi buttons out and mounted them onto the card and the wheel of the sewing machine. Added three pearls and so it fits with the bingo grid challenge on CD Sunday this week. I used the line ribbon, sentiment, pearls.
I'd also like to enter the card into Kaboodle Doodles challenge - sisterly love. As the sentiment reflects this friend is very dear to me.

17 comments:

Twiglet said...

I love this one Lyn!! Perfect theme I think!! x Jo

Tracy Boobaloo said...

Beautiful card Lyn, I have that CD and love it.
Thank you for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles This week xxx

sue-b said...

This is great Lyn, your friend is going to love it, i do too. I have not got this CD yet but do i like polka doodles so it will go on my list. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

An excellent card for your friend, I love your design. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges Caz.

Jules said...

Hi Linby

Oooo... I love this.

So many fab elements on one fantastic shaped card.

I would love to receive this for my birthday!!

Looking forward to meeting you too!!

Love Jules xx

Christine said...

A beautiful card which I am sure your friend will love. It fits perfectly for this weeks challenge at CD Sunday, thanks for sharing it with us.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, for someone who sews it's prefect
Margaret

Beryl said...

This is gorgeous - your friend will be thrilled with it. Love that ruffled ribbon.
Thank you for joining in the Cd Sunday Challenge.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Seafield Jo said...

Your card is lovely, I'm sure your friend will treasure it.

Jo x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card, I'm sure it will be well received.

sue x

Cheryl said...

What a great card! I love the gathered ribbon. Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

Michelle J M said...

This is a fabulous card. So much detail, love the ruffled ribbon. Your friend will love it! Thanks for playing along at CD Sunday. Michelle x GDT

Carol said...

A wonderful card - so many places to look. Thank you for joining in with us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

Great card and one I'm sure your friend will love.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday htis week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

Love the sewing theme on your card.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Trish Hughes said...

wonderful creation with so much detail. love the embossing. thanks for joining us at the kaboodle doodle challenge

Kathleen (Kath) B. Hernandez said...

Love the itty bitty details! Pretty and chic card! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles’ “Sister’s Day” Challenge!

Kath
Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz
http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/