Saturday, 18 August 2012

LIM week 81- Tearing

I have set myself a little challenge to use at least one stamp a week that hasn't seen ink! I'm off to a good start because this card uses three that fit that criteria. I used the Clarity background stamp and then the stamp which is just the corset by itself and cut it out and mounted it onto the background. Adding a little diamond sparkles to it as well. Everything is embossed with gold mirror embossing powder. And for the tearing I have torn mulberry paper.
I had sitting on my desk a little poppy resist that didn't quite fit a card I made previously. I hate throwing anything away, and I thought it could stand a little tearing. So, using a tearing ruler I tore around the image. I used a Clarity stamp for the verse embossing in red powder. I lightly inked over the wording with a TH Ltd edition inkpad Festive Berries (you know it is not just for Christmas LOL!). Finished with with a MS punched butterfly from the off cut of the tearing.
I nearly forgot, why all this tearing. It's the challenge over on Less is More this week.


15 comments:

Mandi said...

Your torn panel looks superb Lynn
Works perfectly with the feminine theme
Thanks very much
mandi
LIM

Margaret said...

So pretty Lynn
Margaret x

Sally H said...

two beautiful cards, Lynn. Love them both x

Cheryl said...

oh these are 2 gorgeous cards Hun just love them to bits,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

Susan said...

Two fabulous cards this week!! LOVE that first card...very shabby chic!!

Lisa Jane said...

oh these are both fab.. and as much as i love Poppies .. i do love that top one!
Lisa x

Inkyfingers said...

Lovely cards Lynn but my favourite is the poppy one with that fab poem.

Sue said...

Two beautiful cards, Linby. I do like poppies! Thank you for visiting my blog. Hugs, Sue x

Victoria said...

Beautiful stamping on the mulberry paper. Fab effect.

Rosemary said...

beautiful cards, lynn! the first one is so soft and lovely... the second is so fun with the bright pop of color!

Scrapmate said...

A beautiful, delicate card.

Linda said...

Beautiful cards, I love the corset, very pretty. x

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Linn, thank you for your comments last weeks, is nice to see you every week in my blog:D
Fantastic time in London, my husband is working there.
How are you with your health?i hope you're in good health now.
Gorgeous cards Linn, the first one is very soft and feminine, i think the corset is a very sexy and feminine item of underwear, gorgeous pink colour and great idea to emboss in gold.
And the second is perfect for summertime, bright and vibrant colours, the sentiment is amazing, good work Linn.
Hugs from the supermelted island, 36oC.

Karen said...

Beautiful card.

Karen x

Chrissie said...

I'm so sorry that I'm late in visiting this week, but I have been on a wonderful cruise to Norway where I didn't have very good Internet coverage!
Thanks so much for your lovely contribution!
Chrissie
"Less is More"