Saturday, 25 August 2012

LIM week 82 - recipe 3-2-1

The challenge on Less is More this week is 3-2-1 - nothing to do with Dusty Bin! (Do those of you in the UK remember that?). Anyway, I am pleased as I have yet again managed to combine the challenge with the use of some stamps that haven't seen ink. They are from a set called Time I won them from the lovely Bev of Uniko Stamps and they are her own design. Pop over to her site as she also has super free Saturday......
I used TH inks pumice stone, vintage photo and antique linen. I stamped directly onto the card apart from the watch which I stamped and cut around and then mounted onto the card with foam pads.
I've used :-
three cogs
one watch
and the word "Times" twice

I have finally got a referral to the hospital for my vertigo/vestibular migraine for October. Luckily I am in a private health plan so have been able to make an earlier appointment for early September. I ventured into Town this morning as I have been getting my hours up at work and managed 5 hours a day this week, with not too many problems. I started to feel sick after being out for about half an hour, and then at the top of the escalator in M&S everything went round just before I got on it. I was fortunate that there was no queue behind me as it was early, because I had to step back and get my bearings before being very brave and getting back on. Roll on the hospital appointment!
I'd also like to enter this card into Creative Inspirations Challenge - sentimental.

21 comments:

Jane Willis said...

Lovely card, but I bet all your other UK readers old enough to remember are now trying to remember how to do that 3-2-1 gesture without looking rude! I certainly am.

Hope your hospital appointment comes through soon and you are soon better.

Jane

Jan Ltc said...

This is lovely xx Jan

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Linn, oooh my friend i'm sorry to ear about your vertigo, i have a friend with vertigo and is very hard you can stay only in home, i hope you're better soon.
Very original card Linn, a really gorgeous design, i love the edge of your card, goor work Linn.
Hugs from the melted island and take care

Carole said...

Oh Lin, vertigo is horrible and I hope you are soon feeling better. Wonderful idea for the card, it turned out fab! Hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery ... Carole

Mynnette said...

Super fabulous card!!! LOVE the shape, love the images, L-O-V-E the sentiment! This is fabulous! :)

Aileen said...

Lovely card. Hope it all gets sorted out for you soon. x

Chrissie said...

This is great Linby, I really hope that you'll be in full health again really soon! It sounds miserable to be dizzy all the time.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sally H said...

Beautiful card, Lynn. Great shape - perfect for the cogs. Sorry to hear you are still struggling with the vertigo. Hope they sort you out very soon.

Lynne said...

Stunning card Lynn.
Sorry to hear you`re still suffering. My dad had vertigo years ago, terrible condition.
As for the thunder storm...I normally love a good thunder storm and watch out of the window, better than bonfire night for me. But being in the loft with the thunder directly above us was another thing altogether. It was a bit exciting though lol
Lynne xxx

Katina said...

Hi Lin,
I'm so glad you managed to bring your hospital appointment forward and hope you get sorted as soon as possible.

Fab card and a great take on the challenge.
xx

Mandi said...

Oh gosh you poor thing, hope you get sorted quickly...all the best
fantastic card, love the shaped edges
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Suzi B said...

Oh gosh Linby, that sounds awful, hope things get sorted soon.
I love this card... fab! even the caed is cog like :)
suzi b x

Jo said...

Yes, I do remember Dusty Bin lol! Great card! Love the sentiment :-)

Inkyfingers said...

I remember Dusty Bin too but I wasn't sorry to see the back of him!!. Lovely card Lynn and that shaped is beautiful. Hope your hospital appointment gets you sorted out.
Hugs
Carol x

Chris x said...

A really well thought out card.
I love it. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs
Chris xe it.

Pop, Paper, Scissors said...

Awesome card. I really like how you incorporated the shape of the card with the theme.

Diane said...

Great card, Linby. Hope you feel better soon. xx

Rosemary said...

another absolutely fab card, lynn!!

Deanna said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon and they can resolve this health issue for you. Your card is lovely and love the sentiment:)

snailzpace said...

i love this CAS card with the cut edges and the popped watch. hope your appointment goes well and you get all the help you need to feel better.

Gay Peplow said...

Fabulous card with a brilliant sentiment! Sorry to hear that you're still suffering with the vertigo, hopefully the hospital can help, fingers crossed, Gay xxx