Thursday, 2 August 2012

Mainly Men

This card has been a while in the making. I printed off the stripped paper and background scene from MCS The Finishing touch cdrom adding the greeting in the cloud, at the weekend. I just couldn't figure out how to put the elements together and then yesterday I had an awful headache all day, and I had some new tabs from the Dr, but today I actually feel like me - yipee! I am hoping to go back to work next week on reduced hours although I won't be able to drive. So today, it came together at last - I brayed the background with Adirondack cloudy blue ink and used a Clarity stamp of Big Ben and part of the PB "I love London" stamp and bunting. I put the papers through the triboss union jack folder and added a PB image. I added a perspex tag over the greeting and a piece of "Best of British" ribbon.  This is for the challenge at CD Sunday - mainly men. Right, mustn't overdo it, off for a rest now.

11 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, brilliant layout
Hope you soon feel better.
Margaret

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is fabulous - love how you teamed the image with the London pic.

Lisa x
ps have you seen this new challenge
http://heckofachallenge.blogspot.co.uk/

sue-b said...

sorry your not feeling to good and hope you feel better soon.You have made a great card, i like that triboss folder you have used, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
sue-b xx
CD Sunday DT

brenda said...

Will it might have taken a while to come together Lynn, but it does look fabulous and the perfect collage effect.

I do hope you soon feeling more yourself, after all you have an important event coming up very shortly you just can't miss.

B x

Christine said...

Sorry to hear you have not been well, hope you continue to improve. Your card is super, perfect for a man. Love how you have put everything together.
Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Beryl said...

Well it may have taken you a while to put it all together but you got there in the end - and a great job you made of it too.
Super card.
Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Purple Crazy said...

Fab card, sorry to hear you've been unwell, hope you are better soon, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday, X

Carol said...

This is so different and dramatic. Very eye catching.
Thank you for joining in with us.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

starcyl said...

Really great card, I love the embossing and I've not seen this folder so must look out for it.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week and I hope you're feeling better soon.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

So glad to hear that you felt a bit better and able to join our challenge with your lovely card. I love the mini.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Cazro said...

Hope your improving. A super patriotic card, I love all of your elements. Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenges. Caz