Friday, 10 August 2012

Oriental

 I was having a look through my stash when I came across some Meltdust paper. I haven't used it in ages so along with some iridescent meltdust powder I decided to use it on the image and background paper for this card. I printed the elements from the MCS That Special Touch cd rom. Another unused item is foam, so I decided to emboss a piece and use that to mat the image. I then went to town on using one of my spellbinders sets to accent the card. This is an 8x8 card so quite dramatic IRL. Here is a closer look at the glittery effect the meltdust powder produced.
I'd like to enter this card into the challenges at
Ooh la la - oriental
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Divas by Design - for a female
Creative Inspirations - anything goes

8 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is gorgeous .. i just love the sparkle and those punched borders
Lisa x

Wendi said...

Wow gorgeous card love all the different elements used
Thank yopu so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Merry said...

This is so pretty, I love the colours you have used.

Sally H said...

Just gorgeous! So brilliant to see you today xxx

Lisbeths kort og scrap said...

Absolutely brilliant! Love it! Thanks for sharing it at Ooh La La. Good luck from Lisbeth

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, love the colours...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

Dawn said...

Very pretty, love the colour combo. Thanks for playing with us at Divas this week x

Richard Norman said...

Hello Linby

I stumbled across your blog. Always a pleasure seeing another crafter getting pleasure from what they do.

I sometimes make my own Christmas cards, I make lino cuts and print them on my old hand press

Im'e a gilder and use gold leaf and imitation gold leaf rather a lot.

Have you thought of gilding onto paper?

It's really quite easy to gild onto paper, there are now modern gold sizes that are simple to use, and there are various ways to create antique and distressed finishes as well., like the crackle glaze and antique glaze.

If you have a moment, pop over to my site, there is quite a lot about gilding onto paper, in particular there is an old bookbinders recipe which you can use to make really authentic looking imitation vellums and parchment papers from ordinary papers.

Good luck to us all.

Richard