Monday, 10 September 2012

A little bit of Ooh la la and LIM

First of all here is my card for the one layer challenge on Less is More, which this week is foliage. I have just got this set of stamps and so was pleased they got to see ink so soon. I'm not too sure I like how I tried to do a pattern around the sentiment - I may do another card later on.




I have just come back from a wonderful trip to Paris. It was actually a prize I won in a competition and it was a shopping experience. We got to Paris on Friday afternoon and had a private car from the airport to our hotel and we were driven down the Champs de Elysee. It was the most wonderful boutique hotel Bel Ami - around 217euros a night so not somewhere I would normally stay. We were shown around the hotel and introduced to the staff  - from tripadvisor this appears to be the norm!

On Saturday we had time to see the Louvre, but not go inside before the shopping experience began at 1pm with a consultation for 1 hour at the hotel, getting to know my style etc. Then we were driven from boutique to boutique in a chauffeured Mercedes 360 AMG until 6pm. The OH was in his element and was quiet happy going around from place to place in the car. I had £500 spending money as part of the prize, although it didn't go very far with Paris prices. The last place we went to was Escada and even with prize money it was out of what I would spend. The personal shopper had picked out a bag there for me to see which was 880 euros - when I said it wasn't very practical for using she said it wasn't meant to be!!!!

On Sunday we had a chance to visit the Museum D'Orsay, which the last time I was in Paris had only been open a few years, and I didn't get the chance to go inside, only see to it from a river trip, so I was in my element once inside. Of course it was cooler too, the temp was 33 degrees this weekend. I have found it hard to get in an autumnal mood for this card.

Back down to earth now - with a bump!

20 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is great Linby and I really like the inking around the sentiment... it's rather trendy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the leaves. Your Paris trip sounds fantastic.
Nikki x

Lisa Jane said...

ooh c'est tres jolie ... what a fab leaf stamp... ad i love the autumnal colours.
Your trip looks magnifique .... a great prize
Lisa x

Sally H said...

Beautiful card and the colour round the sentiment is a little pile of autumn leaves - perfect! Your trip sounds amazing and it looks like you had a great time

Seafield Jo said...

Your card is lovely. Great colour choice and I love the stamp.

Jo x

butterfly said...

Absolutely gorgeous card - love the colours of your falling leaves! And very envious of your Paris trip...
Alison x

Paula Whittaker said...

a fab card, it has a real autumnal feel about it

Jules said...

Hi Linby

What a fantastic prize!! Looks like you had a wonderful time.

Just look at those gorgeous blue skies. Shame you weren't allowed to spend your £500 in a craft shop LOL!!!

Designing non-practical handbags. Must tell my Sister about those .. .. she could extend her range!!

Great card too. Loving the colours and that gorgeous leaf stamp!

Love Jules xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Linby, I love your LIM leafy creation ! I have similiar Maple & Oak Leaf stamps, I love them. They look great in the different colours and also around your sentiment. Thx for stopping in a my blog, it's appreciated ! Shirleyx

Sue said...

Fab foliage CAS card! I find I don't use my leaf stamps very much. Sue x

Gay Peplow said...

Hello there, What a fab card and what a fab prize too, you lucky lady, you didn't say what you bought? Are you happy with it? Paris is wonderful, so much to see and do.
You are quite right about my card, the masking was much too abrupt!! I never learn LOL Gay x

Katina said...

What a fabulous prize Lin! Love the colours you've used on your card.
x

Mandi said...

Terrific card Lynn I think it's greta as is
What a fantastic prize, bet it was amazing!


Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Susan said...

Great card, Linby. I love the inking around the sentiment! Your trip sounds wonderful! I would have LOVED it!!! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this Linby - all those gorgeous autumn colours, and I like your idea of a little extra stamping round the sentiment. What a lovely prize to win - shopping in Paris! It sounds as if you had a wonderful time! Vicky x

Linda said...

Lovely card. Great colour choice and I like the extra stamping around the sentiment - nice touch
Sounds like you had a fab trip. Lucky you xx

Aileen said...

Love your leaves blowing across the card. Pretty colours.

Loved reading about your freebie trip. What a fab win! x

Kathyk said...

Fab card and oh my - what a fab prize - well done you

Kathyk

Inkyfingers said...

I can understand why autumn cards are difficult after your fabulous trip!! Nevertheless, your card is lovely. Hope you are feeling better these days.

Loli. eltallerdelosrecuerdos@gmail.com said...

Hola Linn, to much late but i'm here...oh my frined, i think now you don't are my singer friend, you're my DIVA friend, oh la la, personal shopper, Mecedes, megahotel...Paris...fantastic weekend.
I love the Museum D'Orsay,they have a fantastic Van Gogh collection .
So beautiful card Linn, fantastic techinque for your foliage and beautiful colours.
A warm hug from Palma mon chere amie