Wednesday, 26 September 2012

All awash with poppies

 The inside of the card........
The challenge on CD Sunday this week is awash with flowers. I realise I am certainly awash with flowers, I had so many CDs to choose from. I decided on this Shabby chic Victorian Botanical CDrom from Debbi Moore as I haven't had a chance to use these poppies yet. My original intention was to use one of my many poppy stamps for the main image, but I loved this sentiment so much that I decided to make the whole card from elements on the CDrom.
Although you can't really tell from the pictures, i printed two colourways of the poppy paper, the one on the front is a slightly softer shade of red. I also inked around the edges of the nestie and sentiment with an Anna Griffin red ink pad, then used it to soften further the edges of the front backing paper.
I've had another nice win, this time $20 to spend at The Paper Shelter who were the sponsors for Creative Inspirations challenge last week.

16 comments:

sue-b said...

What a love shape card, love the image you have used, thank you for joining us at CD Sunday
sue-b xx
Cd Sunday DT

Merry said...

Wonderful....I do like all those poppies and that terrific bee.

Beryl said...

I love it. The poppy image and bp are gorgeous and the sentiment is lovely.
Thank you for sharing your card with us at CD Sunday.
Beryl xx
CD Sunday DT

Lisa Jane said...

ooh this is fabulous .. i love the vintage feel
Lisa x

brenda said...

Well Lynn, it's poppies so not much I can say other than I love it.

B x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Lin, I love the poppies and the design, Thanks for joining in with us at CD Sunday this week,
Kevin xx CD Sunday GDT

Jocelyn said...

A lovely card. Poppies are some of my favourite flowers and I love what you have done with them.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

Ellie said...

Beautiful! Love the sketch you used, and love that poppies paper.

starcyl said...

Thisis lovely and I like everyone else love that poppy paper.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Christine said...

A beautiful card and this image of poppies is one of my favourites on this CD.
Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday.
Christine x
CD Sunday DT

Seafield Jo said...

I love poppies and your card is beautiful. Lovely images.

Jo x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card , I love the poppies and the bee.

Sue x

Faith A said...

Hi Linby, haven't had time to comment on ALL your cards, but I love them, especially the vintage ones, fab work as always :)

Cheryl said...

oh this is just gorgeous love the layout and the papers are just lush,hugs Cherylxxxxx

Cazro said...

Thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday Challenge. Your poppies card is beautiful. I too love these images and the CD. It's such a different style, well done. Caz

Katina said...

Beautifully shaped card. Love the poppies.
xx